Original fitment spec of louvred windows?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickie524

Reaction score
Hi all - geeky question - does anyone know what vehicles the louvred side wondows were originally fitted to? Or was it only ever an 'option'?

I have a 1968 RHD Dormobile with sliding windows in the sliding door, and the window opposite. I'd like to swap the one oppisite the door to a louvred window so it can be kept open when cooking etc or in the rain, but only if it's age and spec appropriate or if it was a 'period' option.

Thanks all, Rich

Louvers in Devon and Westys were standard i believe, no idea about dormys, certainly the moonraker has one window fitted with two separate mechanisms.

I've never seen an original slider window in any EB? i thought they were a fairly recent replacement for louvered windows etc.

Very smart those - I have seen a set of those for sale somewhere, they're probably more versatile than full-width louvres.

So sliders weren't an original option, as far as we know? Not likely to have been supplied either from the factory or from Dormobile with them?

I have some old receipts for window seals for my van from ~2003, I bet they were swapped over then.

R

Hi folks, just thought I might resurrect this - does anyone know what spec of van Louvred windows were originally fitted to>? Still think I might fit at least one set opposite the sliding door...

Latest posts