Ouch!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilly_70

Reaction score
.. I don't recon much to this 'arc eye' ..

I thought 2 mins where I couldn't get in with the mask on would be ok ..

Wrong!

.. I won't be doing it again!

:(

hilly

i feel for ya, i got fed up of joining the dots on a long join and flipping the mask down every time, so i just closed my eyes, i had a really good tan once my face had finished peeling off. :lol:

:shock:

NO protection at all? Really,really,really not wise and potentially very dangerous.

Advice a bit late, but worst case scenario with no space, take the glass out of the screen and hold it in front of your eyes. Not recomended, but has to be better than nowt.
Worked in Turkey a few times, once a team of four local welders had one homemade cardboard screen between them. Those whose turn it wasn't to use the screen just closed their eyes. Imagine the results of someone Tig welding stainless steel tube etc with their eyes shut!!!

Hope it gets better quickly fella, very unpleasant and for Gods sake, don't do it again!!!

Had it once and lost my sight for two days as it was so bad after that brougt the best mask I could afford auto dimming if you have a work lamp near your work u don't need to flip the mask at all look after your eyes you only get one pair

Blimey! You've got to remember shutting your eyes won't help either, cause the skin on your eyelids is very sensitive and sunburn on them will sting just a tad!

Had snow blindness before so know how much it hurts but definatly don't ever want arc eye! 3 days in dark room with what feels like someone constantly rubbing sand in your eyes isn't much fun at all.

had it once never again reactor - light one now ............cold used teabags helps btw

I've had arc eye, seriously not a good look. Welding is very dangerous, the welder in our workshop wears a suite like Darth Vader to protect his skin because it can cause skin cancer :?

Thanks for the good advice guys .. ( and the little bit of sympathy! ;) )

... I have a good auto darkening mask and fire resistant overalls and gauntlets, and i am gererally quite careful ..

.. that and the fact, i haven't had it before in about 6 years of welding, means im a reasonably good lad!

.. its ok this morning .. just a tired eyes feeling ..

.. but it is a warning .. and i won't do it again ..

I didn't even realise what it was at first .. just thought i had something in my eyes ..

Ah ho .. lesson learn't ..

Hilly 'sore eyes' ..

Latest posts