our 1st early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took van to work today for what I thought might be last run out coz i didnt think it would pass the mot without welding. it got half way and there was a loud pop/bang and I reckon a gasket has gone. sounds like air is being sucked in. It got me back stuttering all the way especially on the hills. I think it was already running on only three - lots of back firing... she had got us to wales for our holiday and back. Funny thing was I was thinking just before it happened about how it'll get thro' the mot no probs + we could drive down to vanfest again :(

I'm going to try and take the engine out of my big beetle 1303s (which is slowly rotting in my makeshift garage) and put it in the camper. I'm not mechanical at all but think I can probably do it. I've found some info on web which I'm gonna follow

http://www.geocities.com/bugfuel/pull_it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone knows whether these instructions are bollocks or has mistakes in them can they let me know. Ta

Never know I might end up doing the welding.... :?

Latest posts