painting fibreglass?westy pop top?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71dormy

Reaction score
well i need to paint the roof as the o.g paint has pretty much gone and want to protect again.i don't care if i even hand paint as its the just the roof and will be getting a respray end of summer :mrgreen:
so for now...anyone used anything specific? hammerite etc...

thanks

If you are planning on a professional respray don't go anywhere near it with hammerite, plastikote etc or even cellulose as it can cause massive problems when it comes to repainting.

If its getting done at the end of the season anyway I'd leave it alone.

had mine done by midlandpaintwerks last year,top job,couldn't tell you what they used but it really is a good finish,mine was badly cracked(hairline cracks almost like crazing)they gave it a textured finish which looks really good. :)

I sprayed mine with Rustoleum and got a good finish and seems very durable :)

DSCF0001-2.jpg

sharky71 said:
had mine done by midlandpaintwerks last year,top job,couldn't tell you what they used but it really is a good finish,mine was badly cracked(hairline cracks almost like crazing)they gave it a textured finish which looks really good. :)
Sounds like a stonechip. My mate had a similar thing done to his as part of a full respray. Seems to be an effective way of covering the crazing in old fibreglass.

Latest posts