parking RIGHT next to the beach ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Park up by the Martello Tower at Aldebugh in Suffolk

Martello Tower
Slaughden Rd, Aldeburgh, Suffolk IP15, UK

Attachments

• camperaldeburgh001jbye.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,376
Thanks...

Yeah currently having some love. Have bought a 73 Westy a couple of weeks ago and am now badly torn...

Attachments

• devonresto001jbye.jpg
    devonresto001jbye.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,356
Beedubs said:
might be a bit far, but shell island is good. http://www.shellislandcampers.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking to go here this weekend but the website say's you can only camp in a tent, can anyone tell me if I can get away with camping in my van?

I could tell you where the campsite north of Tywyn is, but then I'd have to kill you.

Actually, the more early bays there the better. Can't see the pics of the campsite as I'm at work (but at least I can see earlybay again :D - work was far more depressing when our web filters blocked it), but it must be:
Cae Du Campsite
Rhosllefain
Tywyn
Gwynedd
LL36 9ND
Tel: 01654 711234
It's my favourite campsite (would be even better without the sheep poo that's sometimes there).

Just been to France for a couple of weeks (over 1,600 miles without a hitch, until we stopped at the co-op just round the corner from our house on the way back and nothing from the starter (cleaned up contacts inside solenoid and all good again now though)). Camping d'Alet in Saint Malo (http://www.ville-saint-malo.fr/campings/gb-aleth.html) was really nice - not on the beach, but on top of a cliff and not far from the beach at all. I'll post the view out of our sliding door when I'm home.

View from our pitch in Saint Malo:

DSC01914.jpg

The gower in south wales has some nice beaches you can camp near. Not got any picture but port eynon and Rohssili bay are the two I remember.

there has to be somewhere still left on the mainland where you can park at sea level on the edge of the beach.you cant beat it,this was our first night camping in australia,the bay wasent ours but made a good pic,

merry beach,australia
oz2007167.jpg

Loads of places to park on the beach in Portugal, and the police don't seem to hassle you either. some people have been living on these beaches for years in clapped out vehicles.
campervan_beach_portugal.jpg

campervan_vw_1.jpg

View from our pitch at Nicholaston Farm camp site on the Gower. From the bottom of the field its a 5 minute walk down a bit of a hill to the dunes and beach. Three cliffs is just around the corner and when the tides out the beach is about half a mile wide and almost flat - great for kids games. Its a good site

Attachments

• summer 08 078.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 959

Latest posts