Perfect stance??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
j.nathan said:
mcvw said:
You're right, it does look good. I think I'd maybe go for a slightly taller rear tyre...

P3130019.jpg

Hey, your Bus sits just like mine, maybe yours is a tad lower at the front. You running drop spindles?

Sorry - not my bus. It's owned by "delux" on this forum and is in Australia (mine is very similar looking - but some way off being ready/running :( )

the councillor said:
no offence; it's your bus, you do what you want, mine's in bits etc. etc. but why those tyres on the front ?

i can't see any possible benefit ?

there's miles of clearance, it's not particularly low and it must play havoc with your speedo reading ?

is it just that you like the look of the tyre ?

genuinely interested 8)

stop it, i cant agree with you twice in 1 day :shock:

mcvw said:
You're right, it does look good. I think I'd maybe go for a slightly taller rear tyre...

P3130019.jpg
No offence meant to owners of any other buses on this thread, but to me, this is absolutely spot on. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc. Just one mans view. :roll:

That red one is sittin' pretty...

Here's mine:

DSC00529.jpg

Think I am gonna get some Fuchs on there if I keep the van. I wanna tuck the wheels in a bit, The burners have a crap offset.
Tyres are 175/60 front & 175/65 on the rear. The engine revs are high, but can't get bigger tyres with those rims. I had to tweek the arches to get them on!

This is mine, still on 14" for the moment.

67Bayinsurancepics005.jpg

Oops, thats the 'before' !

loweringthebus057.jpg

Phew, thats better!
Should sit better when the 15" are on with suitable size tyres, but am quite happy for the moment. I love my bus!

slammedresto said:
stop it, i cant agree with you twice in 1 day :shock:
*life's rich pageant* eh ?

it's almost like a super condensed version of the gallery this thread... some stunning, STUNNING buses owned by people on here 8)

Pete B said:
This is mine, still on 14" for the moment.
loweringthebus057.jpg

Phew, thats better!
Should sit better when the 15" are on with suitable size tyres, but am quite happy for the moment. I love my bus!
i'm loving this as well :p

"look into my eyes... keep the fourteens... keeeeeep the fourteens"

:mrgreen:

the councillor said:
"look into my eyes... keep the fourteens... keeeeeep the fourteens"
:mrgreen:
What are peoples views of lowered vans on 14's?
Went to see a local garage about lowering mine (using adjusters - still undecided on red9 :? ) and they had a van lowered on 14's, i thought i looked ok and would look even better with powder coated / refurb steels and (just to please the councillor) standard 185/14 commercial rated tyres :wink:

froggy said:
What are peoples views of lowered vans on 14's?
Went to see a local garage about lowering mine (using adjusters - still undecided on red9 :? ) and they had a van lowered on 14's, i thought i looked ok and would look even better with powder coated / refurb steels and (just to please the councillor) standard 185/14 commercial rated tyres :wink:
in my world, there are only fourteen inch wheels... fifteens are all part of a global conspiracy started by a certain aftermarket wheel company back in the day which has grown, thanks in no small part to the super-saturated VW magazine market, and which is now almost totally out of control and expanding, due to the 'rise' of the internet, like i would imagine the universe did a couple of picoseconds after the big bang :shock:

as for tyres; we need a *taps side of nose* smilie :wink:

185R14Cs look hideous though :|

Oh man! As The councillor said, there are some very sweet buses on this thread.

Our bus is going in for bodywork at the end of Jan and this thread has got me thinking sod the credit crunch - just get it all done! Besides, any loans we get would only be helping the banks out LOL!!

Joval said:
Mine is perfect. Perfect for me that is - handles the huge speedramps on my roads easily
and laughs at the various potholes supplied and installed by the council, but is low enough to run with all the cool kids. :lol:

DSC00478-1.jpg

Note the fat rear tyres for popping wheelies. ;)

This is definately the stance I'm after. I currently have this:
DSC_0191.jpg

Definately needs another spline at the back, but I'm working on that (notch sprinplates etc).

ant said:
perfect stance?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/niss300/061220081125.jpg[/img
[/quote]
Remove that pic right now, if my boy sees that there will be hell to pay! As if I haven't enough to do without building something like that,he will want one, his Mum will go mental and I'll be the evil one for not doing it! Thanks.

Latest posts