Pictures needed of your Danbury roof section to help me

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69ragtop

Reaction score
Hello dubbers , can anybody send me pics of the insides of your Danbury poptop roof section . I have a Danbury poptop roof . When I bought my bay It has no canvas , it has two side bars either side and it has bars at rear and front. I'm sure it's missing parts.at the mo I'm driving round with the top permanently strapped down . If anybody has got pics i can see I would be grateful as up to now I've had no luck getting "professional poptop repairers/makers" to do it or help in any way . I've got an upholster who says he can make a canvas for it but needs a template to go to. I also need to know what I'm missing so as to get it up and working, thanks Andy

Hi maybe able to help.

i bought my canvas from proud to pop in the north east. I sent my old canvas to them and they copied it. i have a window in the side for the warm weather?
[photobucket] [/photobucket]

This the type you mean?

That's a lovely bay, it does look the same as the outside of mine(roof that is) . Do you have pictures of the inside. I haven't got gas struts in mine. They are extendable arms at the side and a frame front and back to take the tension regards Andy

Hi Andy thanks for the nice comments

i have the same problem too need to order some gas struts.

i was going to order some from a manufacture just not got round to it.

will try and take a pic of inside this week if you want.

Geordie

Hi Andy

Google images 'Danbury roof vw' and you'll get a better idea of the inside. You'll see the early bay ones. The side bits are not gas struts, they are spring struts but they could be upgraded. The best photo is from this link from VZI in 2008...just follow the links. Sadly, i'm carp at picking out and copying individual photos but i have tried...

Al

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=441411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello Geordie, if you have any pics of the poles inside and a close up of your canvas where it joins that would be great. As for gas struts! Where would you get those from for the Danbury. Thanks for the link al, it is helpful. Thanks for your input you two regards Andy

Here's a pic of the poles on mine from the outside. Don't know whether it helps you or not?

DSCF0031.jpg

Hello madman, it's the inside pics I need and close ups to the way the canvas is joined but thanks for your Imput though

Latest posts