Please Help!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant seem to get my swing lever to seat onto my idler pin with out it coming through the bottom of the beam!

I`ve tried greasing it right up then jacking the bottom then levering the lever down bit it just pushes the jack down???

Also i managedto tighten three ball joints up but the last one is being a pig and keeps turning.

I`ve tried jacking it under pressure to try and lock it up but it doesn`t seem to be working(AS USUAL :roll: )

Any ideas will be great

Cheers

Alex

Alzy said:
I cant seem to get my swing lever to seat onto my idler pin with out it coming through the bottom of the beam!

I`ve tried greasing it right up then jacking the bottom then levering the lever down bit it just pushes the jack down???

Also i managedto tighten three ball joints up but the last one is being a pig and keeps turning.

I`ve tried jacking it under pressure to try and lock it up but it doesn`t seem to be working(AS USUAL :roll: )

Any ideas will be great

Cheers

Alex

I use a C-clamp and put the swivelling side on bottom and the fixed side up top. That will prevent it from falling out and you can manuver the swing lever into position. If you get it on, loosen the C-clamp a bit and open it so you can force the swing lever down onto the pin more.
Hope this helps.
The ball joints are a PITA...Maybe an air ratchet on that nut??

Latest posts