Ply roof template

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montypsx

Reaction score
Hi all where can I buy a ply roof template for round my windscreen I've got a dorma and I've done the back ok but I can't make a neat template for round the windscreen and I don't know where I'm going wrong. So I need to buy one if anybody could point me in the right direction would be brill. Thanks phil

you mean a paper template to mark and cut into wood? I think I have one somewhere, if you send me your address I'll see if I can do you a tracing of it.

Don't suppose you could do me one too buddy (will send some cash your way to cover costs). I've got a tin top.

Sorry to jump on this thread, but has anyone got a template for the whole roof lining, 71 tintop. Was quoted £500 today for a 'standard' cloth liner today (fitted) and that seemed a bit strong. Happy to pay towards postage/time, etc.

Hi Take a look at my post "Fitting our Headliner" lots of info and links, any questions please ask
vinvan

vinvan said:
Hi Take a look at my post "Fitting our Headliner" lots of info and links, any questions please ask
vinvan

Do you have a link? Tried searching on your posts and in technical. Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:mrgreen: I just went over to technical and put in a search for 'fitting our headliner ' and it came up with a long list and the one you want is about four or five down. Sorry I can't do the link thing.

Ozziedog,,,,,, way too techy for me. :mrgreen:

This is the link to "Fitting our Headliner"
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69570

The wooden template kits look ideal. I will take some time to read through the threads/posts of others and see if I am up to it. The wife quite fancies a wooden roof lining. Ironically, we have a full kit for the interior of a splitty, including roof, in the garage.

Ah rats, I keep forgetting about this. I have a template in the shed, promised it to Monty and completely forgot about it. WIll see if I can get a DXF up so people can get their own printed.

Excellent. I can ask one of my customers if they can cut some up on their Cnc machine if there is enough interest. Would be good to know if there are any tweaks that you would make to the template before cutting, especially if we cut a few.

I've just been doing mine in the cab but I'm using foamex 3mm sheet. If you are using sheet material then the whole size thing can change a fair bit depending on exactly where you fit your side trims that hold it up. I've taken out the spots on the metal trim that holds the fabric in place then I used that as a line for my new holder / trims. I've got them fitted with self tappers but they do get in the way a bit so when I go for the final fit I reckon I'll use pop rivets as they're a little flatter. For the trims I have used chrome ceramic tile corners and they look pretty nifty. I'm having my ceiling vinyl wrapped but I'm still not a hundred percent what to have on there . Best idea so far is Pippa with a picture of a sunroof with a blue sky and a little cloud :mrgreen: I like this idea because that's what you might find in a cab, but I'm still looking for ideas. The middle bit is done and it's a Pacific beach sun rise or sun set and it looks pretty good. The rear bit over my head when in bed is probably gonna be .some star system so the stars can light up in the back. But still looking for maybeeeeees for the front. It's all on top of 25mm celotex which helps enormously with heat loss and a little sound reduction for good measure.
According to where you fix your strips is one thing size wise and the other thing is how much bow you get in the sheet. I've heard a lot of great reports on flexi ply but it only really wants to bend one way because of its plyed construction you can get it ready to bend length ways or width ways depending on how they laminated the ply. Downside is eight by four sheets not five by ten. Some say they have it but it don't end up in stock. :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Any one use anything else ? :mrgreen:

Sorry I'm a bit thick what's a DXF if somebody could please explain then I can get excited as well lol. Cheers Phil

montypsx said:
Sorry I'm a bit thick what's a DXF if somebody could please explain then I can get excited as well lol. Cheers Phil

I can`t believe that you of all people just don`t know what a DXF is. :shock: :? :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,So that`s two of us then, What is it Simon ???

It's a autocad drawing file format - basically a line drawing to scale. Though you would need a bloody big printer :shock: I have a paper template if it is of use then it can do the rounds if you want?

Hello Adey, I'm just doing mine and I knew someone had a template, but I just couldn't remember who it was. Well I've done the front, I've just pulled it out ready to be wrapped but I'm still looking for ideas or at least toying with different things. I've got 25 mm of celotex just about to go in, it's cut and shaped and fits amazingly well with circular saw cuts half way through. I'm pissing about with wiring now for the interior lights and I'm struggling to get my head around that because of the door switches. Anyhow how's you bud ? Your mug is living in my bus now.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, might see you come summer ! :mrgreen:

An autocad drawing file format so it is I was just testin to see if anybody new what it was lol only joking I've learnt something today who says you can't educate pork.

Yes I'm still looking for a template for the cab of my dormobile if anybody has one. Cheers phil

Latest posts