Pop top paint?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsailor

Reaction score
Hi all!
I want to tidy up my Westy pop top roof cap, what is the best type of paint to use? I've seen marine paint which can be applied with a roller but I'd like any advise before I go ahead. If anyone has experience of this in Surrey/Berkshire area, do you also know of a local supplier?

Thanks Chris

As it's fiberglass you really need to use an epoxy primer... This seals it, and stops any paint that's applied to it sinking into the resin... This is especially so when the old gel coat has broken down and the glass strands are visible!!

You can spray it, or apply it with a gloss roller... Then 2k white over the top.. Again, spray or roller is good :)

I used the marine white paint just brushed on and it gave a real good finish. Gave it 3 coats in total. No primer necessary just a good wash and a light sanding with some 600 wet n dry.

Many thanks Paul and Evo. Marine paint sourced and first coat on.......what a difference!

Latest posts