Previous keepers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyMcFly

Reaction score
I was wondering for those with UK vans...
How many previous keepers are on your logbook?

I know alot of people like a low owner vehicle. But what seems to be the average for an early bay these days?

Also... While on the subject, any pointers on how to find the original owner? Anyone done this?

Marty.

I was number 18 on my last bus - it's on 19 now and sat in a lock up waiting to be restored!

We are the 1st registered keeper on the V5C - no idea how many owners there were over the years in the states though

I'm the 3rd owner on ours and all the previous owners have been within a 5 mile radius of where we live :) a proper local girl...

For a uk registered bus you can write to the DVLA and for a nominal fee they will give you all the previous recorded keepers. You must either be a current or previous owner to do this.

james309 said:
For a uk registered bus you can write to the DVLA and for a nominal fee they will give you all the previous recorded keepers. You must either be a current or previous owner to do this.

what he says^^^^ mine is a '68 and has had 7 owners. My other half wrote to DVLA and for a fiver got all the info of previous keepers and location..... makes interesting reading tbh

So mine is virtually new at only 3 previous owners in 48 years? :lol:

(The first owned it for literally one day less than 25 years!!)

I'm owner 3..

Original owner/buyer state side had it eons then he gave it to his daughter to go to and from uni... then me :)
lucky enough to have loads of info from Cali, He still live at the same claremont address (or at least he did a few yr back)

Pretty sure im the 6th uk keeper since 72 so quite low compared to some !
i was gonna look up the previous keepers one day..

Reminds me actually, I found a St Christopher and a stash of weed belonging to one of said owners! :lol:

I found the original owner of mine. she sent me photos and the westfalia awning. reunited after 42 years!! No idea how many surfer dudes had it in between times, but was on the road according to the bridge (Golden Gate) toll receipts that come out the heater vents now and again

I'm 3rd owner of a crossover 7/72 & previous owner has her for 34years. I think he lost the love for her over the last 5 yrs or so..never seen so much mud/oil/dirt covering the engine......almost ready to be back on the road..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found some old car park tickets, and motorbike mags from the 90's..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts