Raptor the roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzy T2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
VW T2 Dormobile
Hi

Has anyone raptor the roof is there van with a roller

If so pictures and feedback would be great

No, but I have done my fibreglass pop top with Lidls finest acrylic paint and it looks fab fab fab.
Repaired my fibreglass Late Devon pop top by reinforcing it internally with Celotex glued to the underside then digging out the external stressed fractures and filling with Isopon plastic padding / filler / pudding. Then ran around for a couple of years to make sure the cracks didn’t reappear before I painted it. Cleaned it off with a light rub down to get to something less mouldy and solid then gave it about four or five coats slightly watered down with a disposable four inch foam roller then a scotch brite in between coats as it just won’t key nicely. The only issue I’ve had with it as it’s just acrylic , is I can’t give it a final rub down no matter how light because it tears and balls. But you really have to look hard to see any orange peel and it’s there but just so slight because each coat was watered down and rubbed down so it’s sat flatter than if I’d just laid it on coat after coat. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, but no raptor,,,,,, why raptor :):unsure::)

the kids are all using it
and works on the inside and underneath of vans. Mad idea it might be good for the roof with rust in channels and keeping the fibreglass strong

Latest posts