Rear Safari Window ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebug

Reaction score
Thinking of maybe fitting one of these,are they any good?Looking at creative stainless type poss.. :idea:

I think Creative ones are Aluminum, I have had their front safari's and they were great. However they use glue to fix the hinges which have come undone in the past, but they will replace or fix if you have poblems.

Adamski has a C & C one and says it doesn't leak. Looks super sweet. Might be worth contacting him. :mrgreen:

This is on my list for this year, think they are uber cool. Gonna get the bra sorted first though.

one for sale on VZI at the moment. Look on page 3 of the thread.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=610482&highlight=rear+safari" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure the hinge on the RHS hits the wardrobe on a westy bus. :( :( :(

Mine will be up 4 grabs as soon as i get round to taking it off and fitting the OG window and seal, its from Wolfgang international if my memory serves me correctly, its cream in colour been on my bus for about a year, will come with brackets and seals........

creationblue said:
Mine will be up 4 grabs as soon as i get round to taking it off and fitting the OG window and seal, its from Wolfgang international if my memory serves me correctly, its cream in colour been on my bus for about a year, will come with brackets and seals........
Thanks for offer mate but want polished as cream wont look right on my bus.Cheers D.....

Just fitted a Creative one to my split, fits great, would recommend

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

Dave

JK's got some aswell:
http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_2_bay/type-2-bay-vehicle-accessories/exterior-accessories/window-accessories/safari-window-rear-j14212.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are so nice!

ive got a creative....i wouldnt shout its praises too much! its nice in the summer having it open at night....
but it does leak.... the hinges are starting to come unglued and the brackets for the sliders each side have to be welded to the tailgate...pop rivets or self tappers wont do the job properly!

still looks the mutts though!!!! :lol:

I have only good things to say about Creative Engineering's product - except the price perhaps :)

Me and two of my mates all have rear safaris from Creative and none of us have had problems with leaks. Keeps rain out with no problem, but perhaps it would leak if I blast water on it with a high pressure washer. It haven't been a problem. And instead of welding, we used screws to fasten the slider brackets, no problem there either.

If you want it, go for it! One of the best thing I have bought for my bus I think, I love having the possibility to have the rear window open when camping/sleeping.

Ive seen a post somewhere can't remember where though.
He/she had a piece of glass cut with three holes in it,two at the top and one in the middle/ bottom.
Then they used hinges think it was off a ford KA in the top two holes and fitted a catch in the bottom hole and replaced the rear seal with a car door seal.
It looked quite good for a home made jobby.There was also one for sale on Vzi about a year ago where the hinge had started to come away from the frame,this could be a fault with them I dont know.But they do look cool :D

just a tip for you all.
a common mistake on rear safaris is that people put the rubber in upside down. the join should be at the bottom not the top.
often over looked but it can let in a lot of water! ;)

I have one from Wolfgang in my bus. I've put a couple of these in, and I always have to take the screws out of the sides, countersink the holes deeper, then put the screws back in. If you don't the screws will hit both sides of the body and take the paint off...

ImportedPhotos00735.jpg

556786.jpg

i put my seal in with the join at the bottom.... it still leaks a bit! the side brackets supplied were also too short and only just reached the window frame...so i had to make up some new longer ones!

im in 2 minds about creative quality....
i have a rear safari...thats okay...but not great
a 3 bow rack that is absolutly shite quality and took 4 hours to build as all the holes had to be re-drilled in the right places 'not too mention having to wait an extra week for the missing parts to turn up!!!)and then the supposedly stainless clamps went completely rusty!!!!!

but i also have a weedeater beam which i cant fault and i hear their adjustable spring plates are THE best.....

i think their products can be great but also can be a bit hit and miss!!!!

I have used Creative for a few bits.
Safaris front and back, pop outs, beam adjusters, adjustable spring plates, deluxe trim, ect
Cant fault any of it.
My problem is they take ages to send stuff, especially out here to Australia.
I have been going through their dealer here but he has trouble getting them to ship stuff out.
Have been waiting 5 months for a set of barny safaris???

Dave