rear usa tail lights the law?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madness

Reaction score
have a 1970 bay bus usa import red tail lights .....whats the law my split has red tail lights that are fine for mot,what year would they need changing ,can i leave red brake/tail lights in the 1970 bus?????

post 1965 indicators must be amber but rear position lamps must be red and stop lamps natch. pre 1965 stop lamps and indicators can be combined and both red :D

I have red only lenses on the my UK 1971, and its been through 3 MOTs with not even a raised eyebrow (well, the lenses anyway).

never had an issue here either....i guess it depends on mot man, i am gonna convert the reverse lights to indicators though just to be on the safe side , for me more than anyone else

I converted my US bus to euro spec lights so I have separate indicators and retain the working reverse lights but I do still run red lenses for that 'authentic look' :lol: although I have got some orange & red lenses just to keep Mr VOSA happy ;-)

Latest posts