Rear Window De-Mist Cable Route

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buss69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how VW routed the cabling for the rear window de-mist circuit. I'm good with the route to the rear end (!) but not sure what to do once I'm there. :lol:

Nobody got a rear window demister then? To clarify its the wiring for the rear window with the etched on lines that clear the window (just like on a modern car :lol: )

Bumping this thread. Would any of you mind taking photos of your cable route for the window demist circuit. As mentioned before, I'd like to know how and which route the cabling takes to get to the two connections tabs on the back window. Thanks.

Hi - the route is hidden under my top locker but it comes out on the right hand side (as you look in the boot) and is cable-tied to the hinge then plugged in, sorry, not much use as can't see how it gets there!

lard said:
Hi - the route is hidden under my top locker but it comes out on the right hand side (as you look in the boot) and is cable-tied to the hinge then plugged in, sorry, not much use as can't see how it gets there!
That's perfect, thanks for taking the time to respond. Any chance you could take a picture for me? :D

Hope these help

Please ignore the fact some muppet welded my tailgate to the arms :roll: :D

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

Latest posts