Red 9 coilover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulwillie1000

Reaction score
Decided to go with the red 9 coilover 2.5 - 4 drop to level out my van, i am a little daunted as i have never done anything like this before ,is it as easy to fit as they say, or is it best to buy the kit and get someone who knows what they are doing to fit it!?
Any advice greatly recieved,
cheers
Paul

Hi, depends how handy you are on the spanners, go for it and if you get stuck there are plenty of helpful people here to help you with advice.
Personaly i would say its a fairly straight forward task, allow your self a day and follow instructions in the fitting guide and you shouldnt go far wrong.
The hardest part will be undoing old nuts and grub screws, use lots of freeing oil the night before. ;)

Paulwillie1000 said:
Decided to go with the red 9 coilover 2.5 - 4 drop to level out my van, i am a little daunted as i have never done anything like this before ,is it as easy to fit as they say, or is it best to buy the kit and get someone who knows what they are doing to fit it!?
Any advice greatly recieved,
cheers
Paul

Did you buy more grub screws? when i fitted my kit i stripped the head out of one of mine and had to weld a new one in to sort it out. Like what has been said good idea to soak all nuts - bolts the night before. Have you got drums or discs? A disc cutter is better than a hac saw for bump stops.

Paulwillie1000 said:
no bump stops present, so thats one less hassle :)

The r9d kit comes with very good detailed instructions, for back up you can phone red9 or ask q's on here. There are loads of us on here running the r9d coilover kit. If the bus is not your daily driver i would give it a go, save some cash and learn about your bus at the same time. With your bumpstops already cut off and assuming everything goes to plan its a good afternoons work.
Si (windsurfer) is in Malvern too, ask him to give you a hand, he needs the practice.(just don't ask for any hints or tips on the do's and don'ts of dehumidifiers :)

Latest posts