Red 9 FRONTEND+MWS 17s FOOSCH

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bol

Reaction score
Resently fitted a red 9 wishbone front end job done in a weekend,then topped it off with a set of 17 fuch from mws(purchased at bug freeze ex display ones £350 in matt silver+matt black).Front end came ready built up and was a doddle to fit been to see the lads at red 9 today to have the tracking checked only needed minor adjustment to toe-in.Bus now drives like a dream ready for its trip to ninove in a couple of weeks(going via hull to rotterdam saturday nights boat returning sunday night)

12022011094.jpg

12022011093.jpg

12022011092.jpg

12022011091.jpg

12022011090.jpg

12022011089.jpg

Finally on its new boots

05032011095.jpg

Nice one fella!

My wishbone kit is being built right now, how is the ride/steering?

Just

creationblue said:
Nice one fella!

Just

The ride is superb due to the spax shockers that come fitted with multiple ride settings.Drove it down the M1 sunday was able to hold it steady with one hand (with my old box you were constantly correcting).The steering is also ace better turning lock and more positive feel than before.

bol said:
creationblue said:
Nice one fella!

Just

The ride is superb due to the spax shockers that come fitted with multiple ride settings.Drove it down the M1 sunday was able to hold it steady with one hand (with my old box you were constantly correcting).The steering is also ace better turning lock and more positive feel than before.

Cool i should be ooop north sometime this month 8)

Just

moved you to the gallery, did you manage the beam swap by your self or did you have any little helpers?

Johnny said:
moved you to the gallery, did you manage the beam swap by your self or did you have any little helpers?

I had a helper but no way was he little,just me and my bro mate in our garage

I was looking at your setup and am very interested in it. Next month I am having a Red9 front end fitted and I currently own almost the same wheels and tyres as you.
I was hoping if you could answer a few questions for me.
- Am I correct in saying you have your Red9 setup at its 2nd highest level?
- If I am have you tried it lower?
- Have you had any rubbing or bottoming out issues?
Any advice or experience appreciated for a quicker and pain free setup.
My back end is down 1 notch and I am hoping to go as low as no rubbing or bottoming out allows. The odd mega pothole excepted.
StanceattheLakeHolgaXP2_zps41675d92.jpg

cheers Shaun

bol said:
Resently fitted a red 9 wishbone front end job done in a weekend,then topped it off with a set of 17 fuch from mws(purchased at bug freeze ex display ones £350 in matt silver+matt black).Front end came ready built up and was a doddle to fit been to see the lads at red 9 today to have the tracking checked only needed minor adjustment to toe-in.Bus now drives like a dream ready for its trip to ninove in a couple of weeks(going via hull to rotterdam saturday nights boat returning sunday night)

12022011094.jpg

12022011093.jpg

12022011092.jpg

12022011091.jpg

12022011090.jpg

12022011089.jpg

Finally on its new boots

05032011095.jpg

Looks fantastic. Nice ride height and great looking wheels.

I was hoping mine would fail its MOT on steering so I could use it as an excuse to get this setup on our bus. Maybe next year.
:)

Nice 8) top work 8) I like the looks of the red9 set up , might have to have a nip to one of their once a month open open days, (especially after chatting to them at dubfreeze and realising they're based only 20 min up the road to me :lol: )

8)

Latest posts