Red9 EZ Rider fitting instructions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shea

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a pdf or photocopy of the fitting instructions for the Red9 EZ Rider kit, I managed to get a set on TLB and want to fit them along with my rebuilt engine on saturday for DubShed!

Thanks,
Shea.

shea said:
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a pdf or photocopy of the fitting instructions for the Red9 EZ Rider kit, I managed to get a set on TLB and want to fit them along with my rebuilt engine on saturday for DubShed!

Thanks,
Shea.

I think if you contact red9 they will be able to email you some instructions.

Thanks, Bob on here was kind enough to send me an electronic version so all sorted now

One thing the instructions didn't make clear was to make sure when you put the tie rods in then attach the trailing arms make sure you hit the arms with a big hammer until the caps pop off, you will find a piece of weld that was once keeping the leaf springs together when they were installed from the factory, this weld stops the grub screw from sitting in the V on the trailing arm meaning the arm may well come away from the housing. Not cool!

creationblue said:
One thing the instructions didn't make clear was to make sure when you put the tie rods in then attach the trailing arms make sure you hit the arms with a big hammer until the caps pop off, you will find a piece of weld that was once keeping the leaf springs together when they were installed from the factory, this weld stops the grub screw from sitting in the V on the trailing arm meaning the arm may well come away from the housing. Not cool!

I wondered why the arms were missing those caps on my bus! Didn't know it was because of the red9 kit.

I made some thin stainless caps to fit back in, I think maybe red9 should think about supplying a similar thing to stop dirt/water ingress.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

The caps will go back on with the red9 in place so I guess your PO just couldn't be bothered to fit them

Wish I came back to this thread when my mechanic and I put the EZ rider kit on. I reversed out of his garage when we finished fitting them and the trailing arm popped out, scary stuff. The mechanic tightened down the grub screws again but said he wasn't happy with them, said an extra millimeter would seat the grub screw in a lot more.

So after taking the bus home I remembered the advice given here over the welds that need to come out which is probably my problem. My question is if I knock the caps off the trailing arms will the welds come out through the hole the cap is covering or do I have to go back and take the whole spindle off again?

Thanks!
Shea.

Yes knock the trailing arms and the weld will push the cap off and seat themselves correctly, retrieve the weld and put the caps back on.

The result of not seating the arms correctly is this

Latest posts