Replacement engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve just had a VEGE fitted in mine by David in Brighton. She’s a ‘72. She’s been nursing a big crack in the case for a decade and I knew it was only a matter of time before all the oil fell out rather than the little puddles marking her territory. The engine in there was from ‘95. They gave me the full amount back (£400+ VAT) that they hold in exchange for the old engine. I had her serviced by VWEC twice (never again) when I lived in Peckham and immediately afterwards - both times - the fly wheel sheered off. Next job is to get a better carb because it’s worth it now - I’ve been nursing the is one for a while.

I’ve just had a VEGE fitted in mine by David in Brighton. She’s a ‘72. She’s been nursing a big crack in the case for a decade and I knew it was only a matter of time before all the oil fell out rather than the little puddles marking her territory. The engine in there was from ‘95. They gave me the full amount back (£400+ VAT) that they hold in exchange for the old engine. I had her serviced by VWEC twice (never again) when I lived in Peckham and immediately afterwards - both times - the fly wheel sheered off. Next job is to get a better carb because it’s worth it now - I’ve been nursing the is one for a while.
So??? What carbs you thinking of then. I’ve got twin Webbers and they’ve been great for about a decade but it seems like every other time I drive it now I’m having to clear this or clean that jet or reset float levels etc etc etc and it’s starting to get really annoying. I’m exceptionally rehearsed at carb removal now through extra practice :rolleyes:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,we call this a hobby for fun :)

Use Millars Ethanol inhibitor. The ethanol oxidises the carbs insides. Had dead cylinders and stripped down Solexes which were all gunged up. Bought an ultrasonic bath and grey milky crap came out of all the ports. The carbs were like new after that.

Latest posts