replacement wiring harness

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolight70

Reaction score
Hi all
Looking at replacing my wiring harness,VW Heritage sells one on their site but not too much info on it.
What is included in the kit?
Has anyone used one and does it look like the original ?
Is there another option available?
Thanx
Chris

how do these "fit" do they feed through body etc complete with all the ends/connectors on etc. or do you re-route/clip under the bus, i have belly pans on the old girl and i am not taking them off as all solid underneath, but my wiring in the engine bay and under the dash is so manky and added to and messed around with that i want to do something, thought about at both ends just chopping off and putting a large single male/female connector on and just re-building both ends so to speak.

plus i can't see a '72 harness on heritage every year except crossover august 72

busdiver said:
how do these "fit" do they feed through body etc complete with all the ends/connectors on etc. or do you re-route/clip under the bus, i have belly pans on the old girl and i am not taking them off as all solid underneath, but my wiring in the engine bay and under the dash is so manky and added to and messed around with that i want to do something, thought about at both ends just chopping off and putting a large single male/female connector on and just re-building both ends so to speak.

plus i can't see a '72 harness on heritage every year except crossover august 72

They fit in exactly the same way as a stock loom fits, you could use some cable lube plus the old loom to pull the new loom into place?

Your indiactor switch is the same as the earlier vans so:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/bay-bus/214971134C/wiring-loom-t2-70-71-1600cc-dynamo-rhd/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That will be pretty darn close.

if you want to know what is different I am not 100% but you will find the exact wiring diagrams here:

http://www.vintagebus.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Alex
Does it come with the engine harness?
What about under the dash,does it go to all the switches,lights,gauges etc.?
Does it come with instructions?

Latest posts