Replacing hi-fi separates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanna downsize my hi-fi (nad c350 amp, sony md, technics cd, B&W speakers) and get a micro/mini system.

Probably something like this...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/yamaha/crxm170/yama-crxm170-blk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm guessing that maybe micro/mini systems are a bit of a compromise so might not sound as good as separates. Is this true?

Anybody have a reccommendation?

Thank you,

Mike

I would stick with the separates, you will never get the complexity of sound from a midi.

However, if you stick with a good set of speakers which fit with the environment they are best suited to, you are unlikely to notice a massive difference.

I used to spend far too much money on Hifi, I now have an old Cambridge Audio set up that I found in a bargain bin at Richer Sounds (Control and pre amp set up) with a set of Linear speakers. It sounds great :mrgreen:

But I digress, if you want to go small buy quality, find what has had good reviews and match to the right speakers, your B&W's should work with most things.

keep the seperates...micros suck! seperates probably dont really take up much more room in the end....

nad and b&w....nice choices.... you will be hard pressed to find a micro that sounds anywhere near as good... unless you pay top dollar!

spend the money on quality interconnectors and bin the crappy black ones that come with ya cd player or whatever.... unless you have already done this?!?!? :lol:
if thats the case... spend the cash on some decent quality speaker stands with spikes and get 2 nice thick pieces of slate to stand them on.....
if youve done that already.....

spend the money on ya bus!!!! :lol:

Latest posts