• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RHD Bay wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluepeter

Reaction score
Wanted RHD early or even Crossover bay. Want something that's pretty sound (doesn't need any welding or only bits and pieces at the most) and MOT'D so I can use it while restoring it. Not too woried about the interier. Budget is about £5500 (Or am I dreaming at that sort of money?)

Prefer something loacated in London or the home counties as based in Surrey.

Cheers Pete

Bluepeter said:
Wanted RHD early or even Crossover bay. Want something that's pretty sound (doesn't need any welding or only bits and pieces at the most) and MOT'D so I can use it while restoring it. Not too woried about the interier. Budget is about £5500 (Or am I dreaming at that sort of money?)

Prefer something loacated in London or the home counties as based in Surrey.

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,
I started off thinking I'd get something similar to what you're after for around £5500. This is coming from owning a late bay that was a complete resto job.
However, it is nigh on impossible to get RHD with an MOT and needing little/no welding at that price.
There are a few around but would all require quite a bit of work, even going up to £8000 they still need work.

As everyone has said on here, LHD is probably the best way forward, unless you're willing to spend silly money.

I know of a RHD south africa poptop westy, missing a few bits but basically rust free. It's not mine it's my contact's in Italy. He was asking about £8.5k shipped and with all the help to register it you need.

Photos here... http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn80/bacos69/VDubs/Early%20RHD%20SA%20Westy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if it's of interest.. cheers, Andy.

I've got a RHD SA westy for sale asking £11.5k but open to offers.
I'm in Surrey, you rmore than welcome to come and just have a look and a nosy if you want!

Latest posts