Rip off camping......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sydney1

Reaction score
Camping at Red Shoots in the New Forest over the Royal Wedding weekend

2 adults and a pitch £25.00
1 child £ 4.00
1 dog £ 1.00
EHU £ 5.00
Total £35.00 per night and ...wait for it

4 night minimum charge i.e £140 even though you only need 3 for the long weekend

You should try Sandy Balls also in the New Forest which is about £50 per night plus £5 if you want to book a pitch next to your friends. We used to go every year but at the end of the day you are only renting a patch of grass and the use of a toilet and shower.
Good luck if you go its a great area.

toms field 2 mins from sqandy balls.. i recon best campsite in new forest. nice people views to die for and relitivelly cheap compared to sandy and red shoot, and a pub, though an ok one only (typical tourist new forest) 5 mins cycle 15 mins stagger

Shroom

We stayed at the Red Shoot the during the week before the wedding and it was only £15 and no minimum stay, quite a nice site with good facilities and the pubs not bad. Most of the campsites round here have a three or four day minimum booking, which I don't think is a major problem but I do think its a bit cheeky to jack the prices up nearly 100%!

Latest posts