rising fuel costs ? whose up for a peaceful protest

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a more positive note anyone see the 1000 bike rolling blockade protest this morning? it was awesome seeing that many bikes all at once! imagine if it were classic VDubs
nicon_drool.gif

vwaddict said:
ok guys as we are all aware fuel prices are at an all time high .another forum im a member of are planning to do a co ordinated protest in our vee dubs throughout the uk we plan to drive in convoy on the major motorways eg m1 ,m5 ,m6,m8 etc hopefully with a few banners etc explaining our cause .i must stress this will be a peacefull protest and will not affect emergency vehicles etc it is not a blockade it is merely a rolling convoy at 40mph or so .at the minute we do not have a fixed date hopefully in a few weeks time .we are looking to enlist as many vw vehicles as possible and are approaching other vw forums if interested in making a stand and joining us please list your name and prefered location below cheers .
p.s if you are under the illusion that rising fuel does not affect you think again

a convoy of old dubs on a motorway doing 40mph. do you think anyone will twig its a protest? it sounds like most weekends when a shows on :D

i agree petrol prices are an arse. i moved jobs to a place 3.5miles down the road from me as i believe more people should be encouraged to work local, and companies should be incouraged to hire local people (sounds a bit league of gentlemen but why should two people drive 20 miles to each others towns to do the same jobs just because of bad planning)

i have my own way of combating the fuel prices. my van will be running a new school vw tdi lump so should be able to run bio diesel, chip fat etc. i work at a hotel with loads of excess chip fat lying around

Just stumbled on this thread again today and was surprised at how aggressive it's become since I first read it. The great thing about this Forum is that it's usually a good natured and friendly place to be. Tax on fuel is a politically contentious issue and is bound to raise different opinions whatever your political persuasion and healthy debate is a good thing as it makes people think about all aspects of the issue.
It's a shame that it cant be discussed without such unpleasantness :(

bananacustard said:
Just stumbled on this thread again today and was surprised at how aggressive it's become since I first read it.

This is nothing dude, you should see the forum i am an admin for... I enjoy forums like this, nice and friendly.. Not like on mine where people argue for no bloody reason.. Makes me laugh though, its so pathetic! I just sit back and watch, unless it gets completely out of hands, then hey feel my wrath! :lol:

look. http://tambands.tattystudios.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Pretty much pages 2-10 are an argument..

andewilson said:
i have my own way of combating the fuel prices. my van will be running a new school vw tdi lump so should be able to run bio diesel, chip fat etc. i work at a hotel with loads of excess chip fat lying around

bloody good idea.. I would do the same, but i just couldn't sacrifice the engine noise :lol:

bananacustard said:
Just stumbled on this thread again today and was surprised at how aggressive it's become since I first read it. The great thing about this Forum is that it's usually a good natured and friendly place to be. Tax on fuel is a politically contentious issue and is bound to raise different opinions whatever your political persuasion and healthy debate is a good thing as it makes people think about all aspects of the issue.

Ah its not that bad... you obviously havent been on VZI or the Samba much? :D

this is the first heated thread i can remember since i joined in Oct 07 so i dont think were doing to bad. Unfortunately its an emotive subject and even more so for thirsty classic VW drivers so expect some sparks :wink:

View attachment evolutionofrobbery.jpg

My brother is the Chairman of the NFFO which is a fish producers organisation in europe, hes in the european parliament alot and he said he couldnt believe the amount of fuel protests going on all over Europe. The french lorry drivers have been protesting for 3 weeks straight! in the centre of Paris :shock: and boat blockades everywhere up and down the coast from france to portugal and Spain.

I guess it'll be here soon enough.

Latest posts