• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RMB Volkswagen LT55 based A Class Motorhome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

negawskloV

Reaction score
Posted on behalf of a friend so if interested, see the ebay add or call/text the number below. I can only answer questions if I ask him the answers so you're better off going direct....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RMB-Volks...Motorhomes&hash=item27c745b8e2#ht_1793wt_1396

£16,250.00

For Sale is my quality built RMB 750 winterised A Class Motor home.
Originally manufactured and sold new in Germany for over £80,000, this RMB spent its first 14 years in warmer climates and had only 2 owners. Owner number 3 was a motor home dealer who imported it in to the UK on the 11/10/2005 with the intention to sell it straight on but was so impressed by it he used it himself until he sold to owner number 4 on the 15/06/2006. The 4th owner travelled most of Europe in this motor home, racing his Motorbike which he kept stored in its garage. He maintained the motor home with no expense spared (as did the previous owners going on condition and amount of history/paperwork that comes with it). Him and his partner also stayed in the Swiss Alps for 2 months, taking a break from racing to ski in -22oC temperatures.... and comentented on how cosy and warm the RMB was in those temperatures, which was a big attraction for me..
I purchased the RMB on the 21/06/2010 and have lived in it ever since including the cold winters while enduring a house renovation that has finally, almost, come to an end!
This motor home has been looked after with no expense spared, a comprehensive history which includes all old MOT’s, parts bought, original diagrams, appliance manuals, everything you need to know the ins and outs of how it all works... Very simple really..

It took me some time to find this motor home as I was looking for something spacious, well looked after, reliable and warm in the winter.
After much research it became evident that RMB were without doubt THE best coach builders of the 80's and 90's (they joined forces with Frankia and became Frankia Reisemobile in the mid 90's and are still going strong today). I then looked at the different chassis used by RMB hoping that Volkswagen would have be one of them. Being a Volkswagen fanatic, the combination of RMB's Quality and VW's reliability would be a good combination and so finally I found this one.

External condition is excellent for the age, faded graphics and small marks here and there but nothing bad. All tyres have plenty of mileage left in them.
The engine is the 2.4TD 6 Cylinder and not only bullet proof but has only covered 100K miles (163K Kilometres), barely run in, runs smooth and quiet returning approximately 26mpg on a long run fully loaded cruising at 55/60mph and really is a joy to drive.

Internally the motorhome has the following,
Sleeping,
Pull down double bed over the cab area, a seated area with table which converts in to another double bed, a long bench style seat which runs along side the eating area which too converts to a large single bed and a fixed King-size bed with brand new mattress in the rear, sleeping a total of 7 people in comfort.

Cab area,
Immaculate with driver and passenger captains chairs, Radio/CD/mp3 connectivity player and blue tooth hands free, reversing camera, cooling fans and curtains all round.

Living area,
Seating area for 4/6 people with removable table and a long bench seat for 4 plus people, TV/DVD that works off 12v/240v, Sky satellite (oyster system), another Radio/CD player and plenty of storage cupboards surround. Roof mounted Air Conditioning (installed new in 2006 and still looks new)

Kitchen area,
2 hob burner, mini portable oven, fridge, sink with chrome mixer tap and more storage. Controls for the TRUMA blown air central heating, gas boiler and immersion heater.

Bathroom,
Shower cubicle with mixer shower (like one in a house), Porcelain sink, toilet and more storage. Opposite the bathroom is a wardrobe with electronic safe and more storage cupboards.

Garage,
Large area for storage or to transport a motorbike/scooter, water tank, tool chest, twin tub washing machine, leisure batteries and inverter.

The motor home runs off gas, 12v and 240v. There is an inverter which runs off the 3 leisure batteries, all less than a year old, giving you 240v when you don't have electric hook up and keep charged via either the solar panel on the roof, the main 240v charger when on hook up or when on the move. Internally the condition is amazing for the age. The colour scheme's modernish with little sign of wear on the seating, smells clean and fresh, the only wear you can really see is on some of the wood work low down.

The motor home will come with 12months MOT and new brakes on the front.

The previous owner had a major service done at 85000 miles including all appliances and both cam belts and won't need doing again for another 60,000 miles, though that wasn't stamped in the service book it was verified by my own Volkswagen mechanic who has also done an oil and filter change less than 3000 miles ago. During that major service the roof vents were proffessionally resealed so there are no leeks what so ever.

Bad bits,
I really can't think of any other than some wear on the wood work, small marks on the outside and that's it.
Everything works perfectly.

My phone is always on so please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions 07527887902.

Please come and take a look if you are interested, viewings and proffessional inspections are welcome anytime.

Thanks for looking.

KGrHqZHJDoE-OKLnPBPvNz2ukrw60_3.jpg

KGrHqJHJDE-lNe4wtkBPvNuLmk5Q60_3.jpg

KGrHqJHJ4E-cdRbmlhBPvNJLtpw60_3.jpg

KGrHqVHJ0E-bNNOOmBPvN3N7Qvw60_3.jpg

KGrHqJHJEUE-kFi6WZDBPvN-PhqV60_3.jpg

KGrHqNHJsE-gEWhe17BPvN72iu9w60_3.jpg

KGrHqJHJBoE-dbzEEQBPvN4fER7w60_3.jpg

KGrHqFHJDEE-pY9qdY-BPvN9p-dQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqFHJDUE63ZScBPvN7EST4Q60_3.jpg

KGrHqFHJFYE-k4ZhNYmBPvN5ul6B60_3.jpg

KGrHqFHJCcE-ffTjhSNBPvN6Yprs60_3.jpg