ROLL ME OVER TURN ME ROUND AND REPAIR ME

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigHal

Reaction score
Thanks for looking and my questions are:

Is there a definitive 'best' rollover cradle/jig for the early bay? I have seen a few relatively crude ones (but hugely expensive for a few bits of bent square tube) and a couple of different approaches. I wondered if there is a consensus of which direction to go.

I did a quick search and found lots of posts but mainly about the one reduced in price, has anyone shared plans for a Build Your Own frame?

I will be doing a complete rebuild of mine, which will include quite a bit of welding along the sills, chassis ends, battery box, etc. as well as gutter repairs. I will then be giving her a complete respray. I'm not constrained by height (working outside, mostly) and have a good space to work horizontally.

Hello Big Hal , I’ve just had a little search and came up with about what you found. There’s a chap that has a rebuild thread over on VZI, his names Simon and his user name is Happy Stamps. He’s a bit of an engineering whiz and not all there in the sanity shop. He did at one time have several sets of plans for various things and I’m not sure if there was a set of plans for a roll over jig. His rebuild thread over on VZI is something about his van ratty and well worth a read because it’s a tad surreal. I know he made his own jig and I’m pretty sure if you contact him by pm on both here and VZI that he’d share what worked and what didn’t.

Ozziedog,,,,,and,,, welcome welcome welcome :mrgreen:

Cheers Ozziedog, much appreciate the steer.... now to immerse myself in that rebuild thread..... 😁 then drop him a line!

Latest posts