Roof rack on a full length pop top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6455

Reaction score
Hi guys bit of a bizarre request,does anyone have any pick of a roof rack fitted to a full lengh pop top as I am thinking of putting one on mine for a bit of extra storage for spare wheel/washing machine drum etc. I know this will create even more wind resistance but I don't plan on qualifying for the next grad prix.
Also any ideas on fixing it to the fibreglass roof

Another mad question

Mark

I think I`d only fit it to the pop top if I wanted it to leak, and even then I wouldn`t put a spare wheel on it. Another option would be to have high lift type roof bars like they have on high top vans to go over it, and if you could wangle some way of taking the bars off on arrival so you can get your poppy up. I really don`t think the fibreglass and the supports would be up to the extra weight, but hey ho, I`ve been wrong before,, :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

only thing i will say is that i recently took a 3 bow off my tin top and i cant get over how much better the bus goes without it!!! trouble is really like the look with it on!!!! nothing is ever simple!!!

Buy an old trailer and restore it like I did...way cooler (and easier on your back getting things on the roof)

4739205281_3f3a00e186_b.jpg

i like that....

(i see you have the vintage speed exhaust fitted too.....nice! 8) )

If you are interested in the build thread.....

http://vwsplitty.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rides&action=display&thread=1905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and yep it's a vintage speed exhaust..been running it for about a year now and have been impressed, stock looks , not too noisy, superb build quality and should go well with my 1776 rebuild :D

Latest posts