Roof Racks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehnie

Reaction score
Looking at roof racks
Which ones are the originals - the stainless steel types ? Found some that are very bowed and others that sit closer to the roof. I am a bit of a rookie at these having had a Moonraker for many a year with no space for a rack

Any suggestions as to which one ?

Not 100% sure about this one as apart from a few like Westies, the roof racks were just added accessories. The most prominent one in either a two bow or three bow seems to be the painted steel ones with wooden slats with a guard rail around. The amount of different ones is almost limitless as there’s loads. I’ve seen one or two grafted into the roof panel with a purpose made chromed base. Daves new van (is sit) has one of 5hese and it does look rather phenomenal :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,not tooooo jealous ;)

VWOA supplied ‘original’ roof racks which were the basic steel version - quite a boxy brutal design.

Westfalia also did racks which are the wooden slatted types.

I guess most repro versions are based upon these. Choose a style you like and get ready for the wind noise and mpg increase :lol:

Latest posts