Sandy 1970 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie S

Reaction score
Sandy1.jpg

Sandy10.jpg

Sandy2.jpg

Sandy3.jpg

Sandy4.jpg

Sandy5.jpg

Sandy6.jpg

Sandy7.jpg

Sandy9.jpg

This is Sandy, our 1970 West Campmobile.

hey, thanks for the tip re the over riders (being a novice can i assume you mean the rear light covers???)

We have had her for about a month and have lots to learn!!

She was imported from San Diego and registerd in the UK May 2008 on her 38th birthday!!

:D

Marie S said:
hey, thanks for the tip re the over riders (being a novice can i assume you mean the rear light covers???)

We have had her for about a month and have lots to learn!!

She was imported from San Diego and registerd in the UK May 2008 on her 38th birthday!!

:D

overriders are the bit on your rear bumper with the black rubber strip

The over riders are bolted to the bumper, so remove that first to gain access and then flip them the right way and bolt back, put the bumper on and job done!

As for the rear light lenses, US spec are all red, so you look to have European style upside down - I imagine the reason is so that the amber part won't light up due to the US housing behind it.

Lovely looking van though!

Gareth

really nice bus.... 8)

you mentioned about changing the radio to something with a period look?, i notice you have a padded dash so welding it up might be a bit tricky. You may be able to get a full size period radio to fit the dash as is, ive seen a few forsale.

some bloke on ebay the other day was selling a 1970's alpine stereo. (i've seen a few over the last couple of years) they dont fetch much as they are only cassette players. full din size period perfect and quality to boot. :D

Latest posts