Scratched Windscreen, any tips for buffing them out please?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some videos on YouTube showing polishing with aluminium oxide, jewellers rouge and similar fine finishing powders.

I haven't yet tried this but I suspect it's a laborious process and it seems likely it will only be applicable to very superficial scratches.

I used a kit on a modern cars windscreen which used a buffer on a drill and think it was something like cerium oxide paste . It was hard work and have to keep the pad well lubricated with water spray . It did work well but they were only very fine haze scratches and it did take a whole day to do the windscreen. If the scratches are deep I would say your pissing in the wind really lol. A professional company may have better results ??

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Try toothpaste or brasso, have a go with a slow buffer in the corner first, some glass don't like too much grief or heat so go steady. It's just a matter of soft grinding paste, valve lapping paste is just a tad too harsh but there's loads of things you can use without paying loads for it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, also depends on how deep too :mrgreen:

Your insurance company may offer a free windscreen replacement service too ... if, for example, it got cracked by a stone or anything...

Latest posts