Sherbie

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came across these the other day and I was just gonna leave them in my garage as ornaments. Then it dawned on me that it’s the colour scheme of all colour schemes to match my van. So the plan is to shorten the roof rack then fit them to the roof rack.

IMG_4590.jpegIMG_4580.jpeg

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, But wiring them up ? :)

hardest part would be getting a feed wire inside I recon.
not sure you are allowed to have them linked to your full beam so a simple switch on the dash might be the way to go

Came across these the other day and I was just gonna leave them in my garage as ornaments. Then it dawned on me that it’s the colour scheme of all colour schemes to match my van. So the plan is to shorten the roof rack then fit them to the roof rack.

View attachment 9720View attachment 9721

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, But wiring them up ? :)

Ideally you’ll switch them through a relay.
Be interesting to see how you’ll get a 30A feed and a decent ground up to the roof rack though.
@sparkywig
Without drilling a hole all I can think of is down through the air vents, then into the engine bay…

Or,,,,,, I have a removable ceiling / roof liner over my cab area that I should be able to run a cable or two down the A pillar then earth where my pop top mechanisms are. Cables can come out under the pop top fabric right in the middle at the top of the roof apex then a little loop and up and under the roof rack beneath the slats. I can run the cables down when I fit the lights to somewhere past the fuse box then it would have to be to a pair of relays hooked up to under dash switches. I don’t think I’d ever use them for real because getting those covers off is a real PITA . I also think they look extra fab with the covers on. So it’s 30A cables required Wig ? That saved me asking the question later on .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,item 2, 4, 7, on the toooo doooo list

Or,,,,,, I have a removable ceiling / roof liner over my cab area that I should be able to run a cable or two down the A pillar then earth where my pop top mechanisms are. Cables can come out under the pop top fabric right in the middle at the top of the roof apex then a little loop and up and under the roof rack beneath the slats. I can run the cables down when I fit the lights to somewhere past the fuse box then it would have to be to a pair of relays hooked up to under dash switches. I don’t think I’d ever use them for real because getting those covers off is a real PITA . I also think they look extra fab with the covers on. So it’s 30A cables required Wig ? That saved me asking the question later on .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,item 2, 4, 7, on the toooo doooo list
So just to save all the trouble if you doubt you'll switch them on don't bother fitting any wiring😁😁

So just to save all the trouble if you doubt you'll switch them on don't bother fitting any wiring😁😁
That is one of many of my frequently used ‘Go Tooos’ especially when it concerns wiring. Haven’t had any dash lights for nearly two years, been try to fix my horn to work on the horn push for at least three years longer than that ^^^, but I do have a switch under the dash . I’ve only just put a new headlight bulb in. In all fairness I did that the same week as I found out I was winking at peeps and not actually flashing them. One day I’ll just wake up and be absolutely mint at electrics and fix absolutely every damned thing :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Maybe one day :)

That is one of many of my frequently used ‘Go Tooos’ especially when it concerns wiring. Haven’t had any dash lights for nearly two years, been try to fix my horn to work on the horn push for at least three years longer than that ^^^, but I do have a switch under the dash . I’ve only just put a new headlight bulb in. In all fairness I did that the same week as I found out I was winking at peeps and not actually flashing them. One day I’ll just wake up and be absolutely mint at electrics and fix absolutely every damned thing :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Maybe one day :)
No need to rush these things mate!!

No need to rush these things mate!!
Absolutely spot on bud. Everyone has stuff they’re fine with and stuff that for whatever reason eludes some of us. I know I’m not on my own with this electrics phobia and there’s one or two others on here that could hold their own along with me in the electrical incompetent’s Olympics. Gaz is gold medal quality int you Gaz.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Wagu to the rescue I’m thinking :)

Latest posts