Show me yer (wide 5) Wheels!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clyde said:
Detailed "Mooneyes Speedmasters" on mine
P1030508.jpg

These are stunning!

Shorty said:
Didn't John the horse have these on the TV bus? Okay I think his were aireos (spelling ?) but similar style wheel...
in deed i did have Airevos on the bus well remembered 17s , gone back to 15s as prefer the look and get more slamming action from 15s

jth

Shorty said:
NickB said:
BusWheels.jpg

Chromed American Eagles?

I really like these too.... (Is this Ted's bus from Slamwerks?)

This bus was from Guy at Slamwerks and I believe Ted liked the wheels and bus it inspired his thinking.

Not sitting as low anymore, as it was down three splines at the back, then on Transporterhaus 3.5" dropped spindles and adjusters wound all the way down. No room for a snail to get underneath!!!

Is anybody running JGE Rader wheels?

I am led to believe you need to run spacers in the rear on an early bay... does this cause wheel arch clearance issues?

The ET is 20, so I assume the spacer is likely to consume at least half of that..??

Im running a set of JBW AC 5 White.....

205329_10151112143861061_1436101608_n.jpg

This is the best pic i can find.... Note to self must take better pics!!!!

DSC00908.jpg

Shorty said:
Is anybody running JGE Rader wheels?

I am led to believe you need to run spacers in the rear on an early bay... does this cause wheel arch clearance issues?

The ET is 20, so I assume the spacer is likely to consume at least half of that..??

DSC_0014-2.jpg

I don't know if they were JGE wheels, but they were an absolute pita to fit.
Needed to turn down the rear brake drums so that the wheels would sit flat and the centre hole is too small for the hub nut and the cap won't fit on the rears....

Original Lemmerts Sprintstars..Not that original anymore.
Flipped frontwheels to change ET.
Rearwheel moved center out by 15mm to squeeze them under the arch

Only dropped in front by dropped spindles..high but easy ride.

Sprintstars.jpg

Taken on island Rømø, Denmark

Ronnie

15" Beetle Steel Smoothies

100_2780.jpg

15" SA Rostyles , Blasted and Powdercoated Silver

100_2496.jpg

8)

Latest posts