Show me your floors!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
Evening all, need a little help making a decision on what to cover my westy floor in, I'm thinking of madmatz vinyl squares, the wife's wants old wood effect vinyl, but part of me is thinking of sourcing vinyl with a similar effect to original?

What do you people think? Any pictures to help make our mind up would be appreciated.

The original floor.

20130203_105431.jpg

I was bored of seeing tiled floors so I wanted somthin different.
At the moment I have wood effect vinyl which is very nice.

IMG_1027.jpg

20130202_141014.jpg

Soon....ish I will be putting down the OG New old stock flooring. 8)
IMG_5838.jpg

The wooden effect floor you have is exactly what the wife is after, looks very good, where did you find the westy floor?

Bigbear said:
The wooden effect floor you have is exactly what the wife is after, looks very good, where did you find the westy floor?

Westy floor I got off a mate of mine. Kieft & Klok sell it too.

http://www.kieftenklok.net/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,2785/category_id,109/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,8/lang,en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The wood effect I got from my work.

There is a whole tread on this, here is the link
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy :D

toffo24 said:
There is a whole tread on this, here is the link
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy :D

Cheers mate, no point over thinking things by the looks of it, they all seem to look good if you keep it simple. Il just pop out and grab whatever I can find nearer the time. I certainly won't be paying for the original stuff From 'Rip and Off'!!

Mine cost 30 quid from the local flooring shop in Folkestone. If you need glue , I have a whole pot , take what you need and let me have back whats left.

toffo24 said:
Mine cost 30 quid from the local flooring shop in Folkestone. If you need glue , I have a whole pot , take what you need and let me have back whats left.
That's kind of you mate, I have a mate who does carpet and floor fitting so I should be able to nick some of his, cheers though.

Hi,

When i did my floor, used cork floor tiles, cheap, warm, lovely colour, easilly replaced when damaged.

photo-2012-09-09-20-51-31-52.jpg

What do you think? I pulled up the og westy floor, and replaced with the cork. They are already prefinished, but when summer comes, i'll sand and re varnish, maybe go for a different shade.
More pics on my gallery thread below.

Cheers,

Alistair

I put the roll out fake wood vinyl in mine and like it a lot. Here is a picture before I put the ice box/sink unit in.

IMG_1620.jpg

Latest posts