side/rear ladder

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padwah

Reaction score
Anyone got a side or rear ladder fitted to a westy? I quite like the look of the stainless steel ones on the C&C and VW Heritage sites but I couldn't see how they actually fit to the westy roof rack, has anyone got one fitted to their van that could share a couple of pictures for me?

I have the stainless ladder fitted to my tintop westy, fixes to westy style roof racks.

IMAG0098.jpg

Cheers Bwuttonmoon, is there an adaptor required to fit it to a westy roof rack as I can't quite see how it fits over the fibre glass roof?

Padwah said:
Cheers Bwuttonmoon, is there an adaptor required to fit it to a westy roof rack as I can't quite see how it fits over the fibre glass roof?

I dont think they fit the westy pop roofs, somebody may know otherwise though

Maybe find or convert one to a gutter mount? I've always thought it would be useful 8)

word of caution with a side mounted ladder though, one of my friends dinged up their bus and lost their back window after it spat round when they caught it on a stout branch hugging the hedgerow on a cornish backlane.

Not a problem for shiney bus owners though, they will probably be far enough out for fear of scratches! :D

Latest posts