Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic bus, everything combines to make it sublime.
I would love some Fuchs for mine, so your choice to go away from them is hard core IMO.
Gotta go with what you like though don't you?
David

Really nice bus mate. Just read the whole thread and learnt a lot as I'm about to go down the lowering road myself. Seen your bus in the flesh at bus types and it looks spot on .

cheers fellas :)

Been replacing the 41 year pedal linkage today..... as you can see it has seen better days :shock:

250420091692.jpg

250420091693.jpg

250420091691.jpg

You got full throttle now?
Sorry i didn't call and help, been to Chorley for the hubs.

hey ant...just been reading about your weedeater woes! 5h1t on a stick!!!

just wondered though... what did you do about narrowing your tie rods or track rods or whatever theyre called?!?

did you cut and weld or buy pre narrowed ones?!?

Yeah glad all that is over :D

On a stocker you will have 1x adjustable and 1x non adjustable.

Bin the non adjustable. Buy a new one from gsf about £25 and all you have to do is take the trackrod end out cut the tube and srew it back in.

How much you cut the tube will depend on how narrow your beam is.

hope that helps

im thinking weedeater the same as yourself.... so thats 83mm narrowed
so does that mean you chop 41.5mm off each rod?!?!
and then get the tracking set up again???

cheers :mrgreen:

Looks really good Ant top job cant believe it could got any better when it won practical classic award , but it has niiiice

Just spent nearly an hour reading this whole thread, hats off to you man, think i would of given up with the suspension and gone back to stock :lol:
looking good though and still loving the flyer 8) 8)

g love........flookin tops!!!!!
stick it in the fridge...stick it in the fridge........stick it in the fridge!!!! :lol:

Are you back now? Any problems? Weather looks nice, and so do the pics. :mrgreen:

Yeah mate got back friday, engine ran sweet all the way there and back.... well chuffed.

The stainless end pipe is blowing from the connection to the backbox, its because it gets scraped on the path everytime i get the bus on or off the drive.
Nothing major. It did get pretty loud when i had the hammer down to get some speed up before some of the devon hills.

Latest posts