Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank passed his mot in the week!!!
Always a worry just before Vanfest. To combat this im going to get him re-tested again after the show so i never have to worry about mot's and missing Vanfest because of a fail.

attachment-946QIV.jpg

Firstly....your bus always looks sweet and I doubt if it would have significant failures due to the way you keep it,

Secondly...... why not take it a month before the test is due, as is your legal right to do so? this will give you 13 Months MOT.

Thanks Jon :)

My Uncle runs the garage which helps :)..... so i will just get him retested.
Vanfest is normally the last time he gets used properly before the winter so what better than putting him "to bed" for the winter with a new mot 8)

Hope the weather holds out for VanFest Ant, Enjoy.

Looking fwd to seeing some pictures with those SA's and center caps 8) 8)

Will.

Just bought these, they need a refurb as the pictures show, not even sure if they will even end up on frank. ive just always liked them, stupid eh?

attachment-FBFUIV.jpg

attachment-D7K0IV.jpg

He's tucked in the garage with the beetle solids and 356 caps hiding from the winters road salt. :msn4:

Should hopefully be sporting either the teledials or my sa sprints for the next year :)

ant said:
He's tucked in the garage with the beetle solids and 356 caps hiding from the winters road salt. :msn4:

Should hopefully be sporting either the teledials or my sa sprints for the next year :)

Please go for the sa sprints...! 8)

Hey Ant,

great bus, great color 8) , looking forward to the Sprintstars.

Cool frontbeam you have there, I was wondering if you can put a red9 and dropped spindels on a standard beam?

Remon T2a said:
Hey Ant,

Cool frontbeam you have there, I was wondering if you can put a red9 and dropped spindels on a standard beam?

Hi Remon, that has been done bij Justin-Creationblue. Look for his topic. ;)

Remon T2a said:
Hey Ant,

Hi thanks for the kind comment

and like he said yes you can :) but would probably need the red9 adaptors to make the coilover longer.

hey ant...yiour bus is still rockin'!!!

get them sa's on there.... keep up the side as there will be one less bus rolling on sa's soon!!! ;) :msn4:

My Sprints are still sat in the workshop i need to pull me finger out, get them painted and bolted up on old frank.
Thinking about going in a different direction for sprint colour and detail.
This how they look now.
attachment-8K97RV.jpg

but not for long :)

Good god I'm resurrecting this thread after a long time, did some work to frank today for the the first time in a couple of years, raised the rear suspension slightly and swopped the rear shocks for longer ones. Mr Whitewalls has a new ramp so no more rollin round on my back on the drive..oh and I fitted the rear sa sprints... Pics to follow.

Latest posts