Slamwerks 71 Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a half and half chunky chips - all the orangey dirt/rust has gone from the left. Good work Mrs Ted :mrgreen:

Right then, been a while since this was updated, just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day, finally got my BBT repro sprints through although couldn't get chrome like i wanted and the painted ones were a rubbish finish,
we had a set anyway and set about refinishing them, not show standard but gotta say i'm pretty chuffed with mine and Leannes handiwork

Photo0061.jpg

Photo005-1.jpg

then i got a couple of weeks off from my day job so i got a little done to the bus, the weather was working against me the first week, but i managed to get my rear brakes built up and modified rear hubs on, so i could then get some tyres on the Sprints and get it rolling again

Photo013.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

little bit of tuckage
then decided i better start doing something about the not so solid parts of the bus

popped the front screen out and it was a little bit worse than i thought

GetAttachment.jpg

windowsurround.jpg

this caused me to lose a days work as the original repair panels i had bought were no way gonna be big enough, a trip to Schofields and i had myself a front panel to play with,
cut it down to size and got it in

Photo030.jpg

Photo031.jpg

Got it primed up and then put some paint on it

Photo032.jpg

little bit of fading and it doesn't look too bad

Photo034.jpg

started cutting the floor out, replacing the battery tray and setting about the rear tubs :D

Photo028.jpg

just put this pic in cos i like it :lol:

I know I just "met" you, but would it be innapropriate to mention the fact that your bus makes me all a tingle in my nether regions?

I mean, that bitch is nasty! I need some damn sprint stars now. Shit. Where are my credit cards......

dubscum said:
another early bayer raising the game ...... please stop :lol:

damn right!!!! i need to do something 'far out'..... people like you ted are putting us to shame!!!! :lol:

are the bbt sprints really that bad?!? i was contemplating them last night..... :?

Holly shit dude i think kirk is coming onto you!.... i hope kirk is a texas chick dude.

Love you Bro!

thru_a_lupe said:
dubscum said:
another early bayer raising the game ...... please stop :lol:

damn right!!!! i need to do something 'far out'..... people like you ted are putting us to shame!!!! :lol:

are the bbt sprints really that bad?!? i was contemplating them last night..... :?
I certainly wouldn't want to run a set of the BBT Sprints straight out of the box, the colour is all wrong and the finish is terible, but i believe they are sorting all that out for the next batch (and the chrome issue too :D ) that said, i'm very happy with how mine have turned out.
I know T2D and Java both bought a bunch of the poorly finished ones, re did them and put them back up for sale again

Gadget Boy said:
Top photo Ted what tyres do you have on it ??

Hey Deano, it's got 165/50-15's on the front
and 185/65-15's on the rear
might swap the rears for 195/65-15's depending on how my rear tubs turn out :D

more welding, had to make this piece up

Photo058.jpg

then replace the cab floors

Photo048.jpg

Photo057.jpg

Photo044.jpg

also had to make up a bit of cab step too

Photo059.jpg

not much else happening though

more welding, wanted to be able to drop the back loooow, but still run a decent size tyre, so i cut the rear wheel tubs out and made some new ones, wasn't really on it with the camera but here's a couple of pics i took along the way

Photo069.jpg

Photo070.jpg

Photo075.jpg

Photo074.jpg

still got plenty of room and suspension travel at this height :D

Photo067.jpg

Ted said:
more welding, wanted to be able to drop the back loooow, but still run a decent size tyre, so i cut the rear wheel tubs out and made some new ones, wasn't really on it with the camera but here's a couple of pics i took along the way

Photo075.jpg

still got plenty of room and suspension travel at this height :D

Photo067.jpg

Tubs look great Ted and the welding is getting good too ;)

Latest posts