Slamwerks 71 Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, didn't get to Spa for one reason or another, didn't really want to go to Bug jam, so it was another weekend in Derby.
Managed to get my engine fired up, swapped my handbrake cables for the correct ones :roll:
and then decided to fit my rear bumper (thanks to Monkeyspinner Tim for supplying a bumper that looks like it should of always been on my bus) :D

Photo098.jpg

Photo099.jpg

got tomorrow off work, so i'm gonna try and get the bus on the ramp and plumb in the brakes and some other little bits and bobs.

dubscum said:
looking good ted! you guy's should have an open day when you move 8)

i know what your saying, i quite like the look of the bridge inn carpark, they always seem to have a bbq going on :D

Ted said:
Well, didn't get to Spa for one reason or another, didn't really want to go to Bug jam, so it was another weekend in Derby.
Managed to get my engine fired up, swapped my handbrake cables for the correct ones :roll:
and then decided to fit my rear bumper (thanks to Monkeyspinner Tim for supplying a bumper that looks like it should of always been on my bus) :D

Photo098.jpg

Photo099.jpg

got tomorrow off work, so i'm gonna try and get the bus on the ramp and plumb in the brakes and some other little bits and bobs.

that bumper came off my first bus about 4-5 years ago, tim bought it off me

fantastic home for it dude, bus looks fantastic

slammedresto said:
that bumper came off my first bus about 4-5 years ago, tim bought it off me

fantastic home for it dude, bus looks fantastic

Haha, no way, such a cool bumper, what was the rest of the bus like?

Is a irs type 3 gearbox any different than a 1303? Are these gearboxes strong enough for the extra weight of a bay? What mods need to be done on the rear engine brace/bar if you go this route?

Ted said:
then today i put the gearbox in,
it's a type 3 irs box with a splitty nosecone and hockey stick, so should get more ground clearance and better cruising speeds, win win :D
i will try and get the engine in tomorrow before i go to work, and hopefully this week i will get a release date for redundancy from Toyota, then it's full time at Slamwerks, in the new improved bigger premises :D :D :D yay
anyway a couple of pics

[
Photo093.jpg

sparkywig said:
andyo11 said:
Hey Ted, any news on the monster !

whs^ :D
Haha, not really, not touched it for a while, last thing i did was tackle the electrics, that wasn't fun, when i find a bit of spare time i will try and get it driving

squareweave said:
Is a irs type 3 gearbox any different than a 1303? Are these gearboxes strong enough for the extra weight of a bay? What mods need to be done on the rear engine brace/bar if you go this route?
fundamentally the two gearbox's are the same there might be a slightly different ratio, they are definitely strong enough, Guy from Slamwerks has put thousands of miles on his this year, using it for family holidays, his daily car and trips to the steel yard for Slamwerks as well as taking the Slamwerks stand and beams to and from shows across the country,
my engine bar is trimmed and strengthened along the bottom and is sat on spacers so the whole lot sits higher and in line with the rest of the engine/gearbox :D

Well its funny you should ask......
a few weeks ago someone came to Slamwerks looking for an Early Bay, showed them what we had for sale, and he asked if mine was for sale.
I told him it wasn't, to which he replied " So you wouldn't sell it?"
Obviously everything has its price, and i was offered THAT price for it!!
So i have now SOLD it.

Looking for my next Early Bay now.

Ted said:
a few weeks ago someone came to Slamwerks looking for an Early Bay, showed them what we had for sale, and he asked if mine was for sale.
So i have now SOLD it.

:lol:

Ted said:
So i have now SOLD it.

its staying local too :D

Latest posts