sliding door adjustment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocelot

Reaction score
Hi, I am fitting new sills at the moment and am trying to make the side door fit better, it has always had the bottom right corner sticking out, I wonderded if this was due to poor sill alignment but now that its in bits i dont see how it can be.
does anyone know how to bring the corner in please? the door isnt warped.
thanks

[/img]

I know Strongy had a similar prob with his and he seemed to think it was the poor fitting seal as the door sat fine when the seal wasnt present....

Have the rear arches been replaced at some point, or has the sliding door bottom been replaced?

Just wondering if they have it may have thrown out the alignment.

seals dont seem to make a difference, arch has been replaced as has the door skin bottom though not at the same time. I have got it down to a few mill now with pushing and shoving. I just wondered if there was some adjustment.

on further investigation snakey you are spot on the door gap seems tighter at the bottom which appears to be the problem, I will shave a bit off the door. the wheel arch must be okay because the seal channel is the original.
thank you all :)

Latest posts