Sliding door front striker plate

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorkieman

Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of the orientation of the said part for a RHD UK T2 with the door on the left side.

I have a part but, I think it is for a LHD T2 but, having looked in the books I am non the wiser at all???

There is also more than one version of striker plate, the panel van one is different for sure and I`m not too sure if there isn`t also a bit of difference between the ages, also not sure if LHD and RHD can be mixed together :? Ed will come along in a minute and tell you about all one hundred and fifty versions available :shock: Just joking :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, But at least two :mrgreen:

Paul Weeding said:
Post a picture of yours, and either I or someone else can tell you if it's right!! :smile:

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/cab_door_side_door_tailgate_engine_lid--and--pick_up_parts/slide_door_handle_parts/genuine_vw_slide_door_front_strike_plate_for_locking_mec_right_door_20177/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its like this one but, it was fitted when I got the van but, the van had no sliding door fitted.

Does the long end or short end go to the top?

Long end to the top... The one you linked to is (well the image is) for a rhd (lh) slider... Lhd is the mirror image :cool:

And as said, panel van strikers are different again!! :smile:

Paul Weeding said:
Long end to the top... The one you linked to is (well the image is) for a rhd (lh) slider... Lhd is the mirror image :cool:

And as said, panel van strikers are different again!! :smile:

Thanks Paul.

Latest posts