Sliding door rubs on rear wheel arch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you extend the U hinge the latches won't function.
The only way to stop your sliding door rubbing on the arch is to fit a slimmer door card, or sort the issue of the wrongly fitted arch.
I have fitted a slimmer door card than it came with but it still has scrim foam in it, think I am just going to try a plain card see if that does enough, thank you for your help. I will report back if I am successful.........

I have fitted a slimmer door card than it came with but it still has scrim foam in it, think I am just going to try a plain card see if that does enough, thank you for your help. I will report back if I am successful.........
This is a problem that I’ve not encountered previously. So all of this is great info and I doubt very much that you are the only one in the universe to struggle with this. Might I suggest that you try it firstly with no card at all to let you ascertain if it is in fact feasible. Then you’ll have a chance of establishing whether or not, a slimming of the card will sort the issue.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,keep us fully updated please :)

This is a problem that I’ve not encountered previously. So all of this is great info and I doubt very much that you are the only one in the universe to struggle with this. Might I suggest that you try it firstly with no card at all to let you ascertain if it is in fact feasible. Then you’ll have a chance of establishing whether or not, a slimming of the card will sort the issue.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,keep us fully updated please :)
I am going to do as you say and if there is enough clearance without the door card I am going to make one out out of aluminium sheet with just vinyl cover, no foam, although I will have to wait until my wife returns from a planned trip she has. I will report back, promise!

I am going to do as you say and if there is enough clearance without the door card I am going to make one out out of aluminium sheet with just vinyl cover, no foam, although I will have to wait until my wife returns from a planned trip she has. I will report back, promise!
Great, and thanks for that. I’m wondering what could be the thinnest thing you could fit, I’m coming up with 3mm foamex as thin / light / cheap. It’s white and the green is just a protective layer like cling film. :)

IMG_2978.jpeg

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I used loads of it for ceilings etc. :)

Great, and thanks for that. I’m wondering what could be the thinnest thing you could fit, I’m coming up with 3mm foamex as thin / light / cheap. It’s white and the green is just a protective layer like cling film. :)

View attachment 9473

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I used loads of it for ceilings etc. :)
I am reliably informed I can use either 1mm or 2mm aluminium sheet with vinyl wrapped directly onto it so it should be circa 3mm thick which I hope will solve my problem. Will remove existing card am make sure this will give me the clearance before I do the work. I haven’t got the bus at the moment as she is at Autotechniks having my geometry issue sorted, so when she is back………

Latest posts