• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 1970 VW Westfalia Low Light , 3 Birth Campervan with sunroof, leisure battery, fridge and night heater.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mland

Reaction score
VW Westfalia 1970 Low Light Tin Top Campervan with Sunroof, 3 Birth, leisure battery, fridge and night heater.

This camper was imported from California in 2009 (LHD).

CONDITION
It has not needed or had any significant restoration, other than a battery tray, a re-spray (2009 colour faded), and a passenger floor well, this vehicle is original rather than a resto; that is to say that it still has the original sills, spot welds all the way down both sides of the sills and amazingly even the plastic plugs, placed there by the factory for back filled rust inhibitor (under the wheel arch). All areas of this bus are rust free, from the roof gutters down, this vehicle is solid and has needed very little metalwork attention over it's 48yrs. Because the paint is 10yrs old and since it still looks like it did when it was fresh out of the paint shop, you can be assured there are no hidden rust surprises waiting to appear anytime soon.

ENGINE
It does have a new twin port 1600cc air cooled engine, with approx 12,000miles on it. It has an upgraded carb, a Dellorto dhla 40 centrally mounted twin carb. All tinware is present. Block temperature sensor fitted with dial in dashboard. Also installed is an extended sump bringing the oil capacity up to approx 4.5ltrs.

BRAKES and SUSPENSION
It has new brake pads all round, drums are all in good condition along with brake pips. It remains at stock height but new upgraded gas suspension struts all round along with upgraded anti-roll bars front and rear. The ride is like a lowered van, without the bottoming out. Wheels are 15inch chrome Porsche 356 replicas with white wall tyres.

INTERIOR
The Westfalia trim has been completely removed and reinstalled with a new wood floor. The original wood of the Westfalia wardrobe, rock ‘n roll bed and buddy seat are complete and all soft furnishings front and rear have been recovered in a dark brown (more palatable than the mustard IMO). The vehicle also has a over cabin bunk bed, fridge, rear night air heater, MP3 radio head unit with 500W concealed sub woofer, leisure battery, living flame fire and driver passenger center box.

RUSTPROOFING
In fear of the dreaded metal worm, all the windows were removed 3 yrs ago (no rust found), box sections blown out, and the whole thing was treated to Dinitrol rust converter followed by Dinitrol wax. The bus continues to be an original, unmolested, rust free example with a 9 yr old paint job.

SYMPATHETIC UPDATES.
It has a number of sympathetic modern enhancements. An engine block temperature sensor and gauge, electric fan to help improve warm air flow onto the windscreen, an electric Webasto sunroof, rear 200W/400W duct night air heater with temperature controller, fridge, electric washer pump, MP3 radio head unit with 500W concealed sub woofer, leisure battery, living flame fire, front inertia real seat belts, inertia lap belts in rear, auto engine bay fire extinguisher system, and of course a firmer less rolling ride.

new brake shoes all round
new slave cylinders all round
new upgraded suspension all round
alternator conversion
recon engine 12,000mi ago
new distributor, leads and plugs
rebuilt dellorto carburetor 6,000mi ago
new fuel pump
new tyres
new soft furnishings interior
new front inertia real seat belts
new inertia lap belts in rear
new handbrake cables
new driveshaft gators
new suspension bushes
strip down rust proofing, Dinitrol, throughout 3yrs ago
engine bay fire extinguisher system

This is not a project, the paint is 10yrs old and it still looks like it did when it was fresh out of the paint shop. This is an exemplary camper that is just ready to go, would be just at home bumbling about at the beach or in a show 'n shine.

Because of it's age it is Vehicle Tax (Road fund license) and MOT exempt, though we have put an MOT on it just because we wanted to ensure all is safe.

Contact here

this is another 100% solid bus , We Dinitroled this for Matt and believe me this man hates rust :)
Midlandpaintwerks

The bus will be at Stanford Hall tomorrow (Sunday) if anyone wants to see just how free of rust it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please no more time wasters, if you are looking for a straight, rust free camper and have the money to pay for it, please contact us.

We’ll be taking Dorothy to the Camperjam at Weston Park in just under a month. If anyone wants to see just how solid this bus is, contact us to organise a meet.

Mland said:
We’ll be taking Dorothy to the Camperjam at Weston Park in just under a month. If anyone wants to see just how solid this bus is, contact us to organise a meet.

Bring the van down to the EB line up on Saturday. Great place to garner lots of attention!

Thanks, sure will. I’ll be in the trade area - any special passes needed?

Mland said:
Thanks, sure will. I’ll be in the trade area - any special passes needed?

No, just roll up :D

Latest posts