• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD For Sale Original 1971 Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughan

Reaction score
I am unexpectedly selling my 1971 Microbus which i imported in July 2014 due to a 1958 Single cab coming along.
The bus was a special order by Gus Mozart who owned the first VW dealership in California, he ordered the bus for the family and kept it for summer use at his holiday home in Lake Tahoe.
After he passed away the bus was kept by his son until in 2010 when he decided to sell it to a enthusiast in Nevada where it was refreshed.

The bus has had no welding and even retains its original battery tray. All the rockers, sills and jacking points are perfect and still have the original under seal showing. Under the arches some of the under seal has pealed off revealing the original VW factory paint.
5 years ago it was painted below the belt line during its refresh but this was for cosmetics only and not to hide any bad rust, rot. etc. ( i have a pic of the bus pre paint ). If it was me i would have kept it original paint but some American's like to hide the stone chips and minor scrapes.
The roof paint as faded slightly in places revealing a cool patina, the gutters are perfect and are now covered in a layer of Anchor wax.
A Z Bed bracket can easily be fitted to the back seat which would then give a full width bed.

The interior is all standard and original apart from the seat covers which have been redone in original basket weave from Wolfbergs West. The middle seat for some reason as been done in cream basket weave (see pics ).
It is all registered and went straight through its first MOT in May this year, it was kept garaged through the winter until the MOT.
I will answer any questions honestly !

Looking for £12,995 ono please no silly offers, and sorry but no part ex.
I live near Keswick in Cumbria. Call 07980546136

DSCF2602_zpsa4qvg2hz.jpg
[/url]

Comes with Silver screen covers for all windows and new breathable cover. :)

I'm interested in viewing your camper but the contact number above isn't working, do you have another number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts