some early one i've had in my garage over the years

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRADESIZE

Reaction score
familar van on this site (but only recently published pic) top job done by new owner
DSCF0467.jpg

nice rat look, apologies for the primer it had to be repaired in some minor places, this van looks as new now (again thanks to new owner), parked up since 83 to when it ended up in my garage in jan 06
DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

nice 72 from oklahoma in original paint:
DSCF0037-1.jpg

my fav interior refurb:
DSCF0004.jpg

and lastly my favorite bus of all, last owner had it since 71 (it was a 69), he wrote down in 3 books every time he stopped for fuel, the amount of fuel put in and the price and MPG, and it had a HOOOOGE folder of recipts inc 2x gearboxes and a few engine rebuilds. Sold to an old guy up north (not in the scene), who lost ALL the paperwork, threw away the sink cooler unit, and changed the ORIGINAL super rare cutains (I can only assume he thre thwm away) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know all this as the guy he sold it to put the bis on e bay, and I asked him.
Do any of you think when you have a super original bus you have a duty of care to preserve its originality?
DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

oh one last thing, my current one a late ICE CREAM van from CALI :lol:
001-2.jpg

TRADESIZE said:
Do any of you think when you have a super original bus you have a duty of care to preserve its originality?
YES - definatly! we are only custodians for future VW lovers, except ratty busses - abuse them and weld them back together, but Original busses - YES YES YES - leave them be!

Latest posts