Spare £200 to play with

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
After rebuilding the engine (just got the alternator upgrade to fit) i've managed to hide £200/£250 with which to play with.
Thinking either Alloys or a little tickle with the lowering stick.
Currently running stock height and stock 185 x 14 commercials on OG steels.
Have looked through alot of threads about what wheels fit but cant really say what type i prefer,i like the look of teledials and have seen a few on ebay but after adding the tyres and adapters they will blow my budget away (as will most porsche wheels), have looked at the what alternative wheels fit thread and again nothing stands out.

What would you do with the £200?

got mine fron wagenwest, few people on here run them

price may not be so good now tho, as it was nearly $2-£1 when i got mine

More trips to a good retaurant on yer own then :)

Alwya seem to be several sets on the secondhand market unused but check out which ones you buy as several dodgy welded ones out there

I have read that many different threads on different forums about different ways to lower a bay and think i'm gonna stick at stock height.
I know people have used various ways and although i'm not kocking any of the ways i'm just not convinced that some are safe, i'm dont want to start any slagging off of companies etc its just that i feel without also getting a completely new beam its just not good practice and as my van was stood for 15 years i'm going to leave lowering for the time being.
So........
i have been offered a set of Teledials with tyres for £100, i will still need a set of adapters but even with these it should still come in budget, haven't decided fully yet but will keep everyone updated

that would be a good night at a lapdancing club fella then buy parts another time :twisted:

there is a set of fully polished cookie cutters with tyres on egay at the moment. 200 notes starting with no bids. imho they a good set of cookies look better than tele's

recon your steering box, a nice custom roof rack, sound deadening, fire extinguisher.....

theres shit loads to spend yer money on but keep it stock height keep it steel shod :wink:

andewilson said:
there is a set of fully polished cookie cutters with tyres on egay at the moment. 200 notes starting with no bids. imho they a good set of cookies look better than tele's

looks like all the cookies on ebay are 7x15 et55 - which means the offset isnt going to be very good for fitting on a bus :cry:

there are 3 sets on there and they all look 7J thats why they are so cheap :( .

i have a set of 6J, and i must say im very pleased with the look.

Latest posts