Split charging kit fitting????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebug

Reaction score
Looking to fit one of these,not the best with this sort of thing just wondering how difficult they are to fit???Or should i seek some help ...... :( :(

I bought one from Faux. Not actually got round to fitting it yet but he labels everything and it looks pretty easy to fit. Definitely a DIY job I would say

fitted one of these to mine.really easy to fit and works a treat.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPLIT-CHARGE-RELAY-KIT-12V-30AMP-SELF-SWITCHING-/200515736799?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2eafab54df" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you put your LB fuse box right next to the existing box under the dash. Run a thick wire to it from the LB.

With the LB box next to the original it is very simple to connect ICE, interior lights etc to the LB - you just unplug the existing wires from the original box and plug them into the LB box next door. Don't put the LB fusebox under the interior seats - then you have to run wires all over the van to get to it and the thing gets buried under bedding and other camping junk.

I have split charge relays bought from BlueBird Customs in each of my buses. VERY simple to fit, only three wires (and you get stacks of it), comes with all the connectors/sheaths needed and clear instructions on the box. Never failed me...
http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/Split%20bay%20interior.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (it's about 3/4 of the way down this page)
Can't recommend these enough

BJ1 said:
Make sure you put your LB fuse box right next to the existing box under the dash. Run a thick wire to it from the LB.

With the LB box next to the original it is very simple to connect ICE, interior lights etc to the LB - you just unplug the existing wires from the original box and plug them into the LB box next door. Don't put the LB fusebox under the interior seats - then you have to run wires all over the van to get to it and the thing gets buried under bedding and other camping junk.

I'm setting mine up slightly different. I'm having two fuse boxes, one at the front and one at the back. The front one will have a switch to change between the leisure and main battery. Attached to the additional fuse box in the front will be ICE, interior lights, front 12v sockets. Rear will be hooked up to rear 12v sockets and inverter for now. Figured this will give maximum flexibility.

A dumb question (not so great with electrics!) but is this possible -

We want an electric hookup and a leisure battery. What we want is the for -

1). The leisure battery to be automatically charged when plugged into the hookup and the ability to run all the power sockets and for them to take power from the hookup.
2) When no hook up, the sockets to run from the leisure battery and not take any power from the vans battery.
3). When driving the van charges its own battery and when full, switches to charge the leisure battery.

Is this possible and what sort of equipment would I need.....sorry for the dumb question, but not too good with electrics and have been used to caravans where all this is sorted for you....mind you our caravan days are over and we are entering the early bay scene but more on that in a post I am about to make :)

Takelifeeasy

Yes, you can do all this with a zig unit
I put a cf8 in my bay
Think they're also common in caravans
Lots of places sell them
Good luck

A zig will do most of this but it will not invert from 12v to 240v. You will need an additional invertor for that.
You will still need a rcd unit for the 240v too.
Jon

Latest posts