stance is everything

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pete nice said:
Well checkout this homo ride height!

21022007090.jpg

Doesn't wanna make you want to slam it on its arse!

Tidders, Where is my narrowed beam!!!! AAAAHHHHHGGGGGG!!!

makes me wanna cry.................... :cry:

Don't worry, I haven't dare driven it too far. Done about 30 miles in it in total . I got it in November.

I am waiting on a 4" narrow beam & will slam the rear. It will get a full repaint in the original colour & a retrim. I have fitted a pokey 1641 with 40's & merged header already.
I have a 2007 that's nearly built & EFI & turbo plans. Althouh that might end up in a trekker.

Did you know you can fit your head between the front arch and the tyre of a standard height bus like that :shock: So if doing this is your thing keep it stock height. If not slam the hell out of her and bring her closer to the floor where she belongs :D

hey, GREAT, that was some wicked vw meet!!!

BWA guys rock!!

greetzgreg

bedankt voor de mooie pic, welke bus is die van jouw?
greetz greg

Ha ha! looks like Greg could drive his bus straight under yours Pete! :lol:
Stella makes me talk double dutch and fart like a trooper!! I will make it to Belgium one day, gotta a se round the Stella factory :twisted: 8)

Well it all depends what you want to do with your van. If its for posing and looking good then lowering is great.

On the other hand, if you want to load it up, go camping with family, drive all over europe, on and off ferrys etc then the low ground clearance and hard ride come back to tell you that VW got the ride correct in the first place - lol :D

for the time being the bus is slammed but when i go on my yearly surftrip ti southern france , i put her back on a more comfortable ride with bigger tyres.

greetz greg

greg said:
hey, GREAT, that was some wicked vw meet!!!

BWA guys rock!!

greetzgreg

bedankt voor de mooie pic, welke bus is die van jouw?
greetz greg

You're welcome! :D

I didn't go there with the bus. :( :oops: I first want to service the engine and fit some seatbelts in it, so I can take my son along. :wink:

Trikky2 said:
Well it all depends what you want to do with your van. If its for posing and looking good then lowering is great.

On the other hand, if you want to load it up, go camping with family, drive all over europe, on and off ferrys etc then the low ground clearance and hard ride come back to tell you that VW got the ride correct in the first place - lol :D

Amen! :lol:
i raised my bus back up as i couldnt go proper camping cos it was too low, the final straw was when i bent my front bumper in half by hitting a rock poking out the ground 6 inches! that was at spa a few years back.
ive raised it up a it and got some ride quality back.
mind you the 17s have raised it a bit more so im might tweak it again! :lol:

Latest posts