steel wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwyn1971

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question who sells the best stock steel wheels ? Need to have them powder coated/sprayed up pastel white so was wondering if issues with scuffing back paint or coating from the orginals. Sorry if a lame question but dont want to order in steels then have a glut of should have bought them from ........ advice from everyone. Just looking for a clean og look.
thanks in advance

Used originals are often for sale on here, keep your eyes open on the for sale thread or contact one of the traders would be my advice :)

Thanks both, guess i misconstruded (?) my post ive already got the original steels on my van but dented and hammerited to hell. What im looking at is getting a mint set of new ones from one of the ususal suspects eg heritage, machine 7 etc and wondered who supplied the best options or are thay all much of a muchness. I could get mine stipped and repaired but thought it may cost more and be tricky to de-ding them. Thanks for the offers though, v kind as usual on EB.

You usually see Danbury selling them off at shows ..

.. Guess cos they stick alli's on when they convert ..

Contact them ..

:D

For new narrow fives then Danbury are probably best.

AND !!!!! If you get them powder coated, remember to clean off the powder coating where the wheel nuts / studs touch the wheel :shock: If you want them rims to stay on the bus :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Surprised no one else said it :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
AND !!!!! If you get them powder coated, remember to clean off the powder coating where the wheel nuts / studs touch the wheel :shock: If you want them rims to stay on the bus :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Surprised no one else said it :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Best thing to do is apply copper grease to the rim where the wheel bolts fit into the wheel, as then the powder coating will not adhere to the metal and comes off easily.

Latest posts