Stonor Park pics, phew what a scorcher!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedman

Reaction score
Just finished sorting the pics I took, we left saturday morning to go a campsite in Wallingford a town by the Thames half an hour from the show, we only live 20 mins from Stonor, but the lure of sunshine, beers and mates was too strong.

Arrived a lunchtime and set up our pitch...

stonor000.jpg

....we're still using the old gazebo as we haven't got an awning yet, but it does :wink: once set up we got down to the most important part of the weekend....

stonor002.jpg

while waiting for the rest of the happy campers to arrive, by early evening the plot we had was almost full....but there was space for one more....

stonor024.jpg

...I was busy supping a cold one when I saw an EB roll in, I recognized the wheels and patina'd roof from the forum and a gap was found for Mr egotrippin to park his new van in....

stonor025.jpg

the beer flowed and we had a laugh before hitting the R&R bed for the night :lol:

The following morning we dragged ourselves up and headed to Stonor, we had the LTV stand to aprk on and left the van at the back as a place to laze in front of, fellow LTV and EB TallPaul arrived with his old rack for me to try and after bolting it up it got the wife seal of approval and money was exchanged

stonor030.jpg

Had a good wander round the traders, autojumble and show area picking up a couple of goodies before spending time under the shade chatting, saw a few EBs and a couple of owners too

stonor050.jpg

stonor052.jpg

stonor054.jpg

stonor076.jpg

stonor077.jpg

The rest of the pics from camping and the show are in the VW Shows sectionof my website 8)

we too had a great day at Stonor, fantastically hot (almost too hot........!).but yet again the same old problem with the queues to get in..... :(

no sense of urgency at all from the dozey lot taking the entrance fees from the punters, 3 seperate queues to get in and still queued for nearly an hour!! But then the oldest person taking the entrance money was probably about 15.... so that say's it all really........ :?

anyway once in a great show, got all the bits I needed, although a bit thin on the ground in terms of the traders, not all were there.

really good show out of EB's though. saw loads of good ones in the car park....

carole said:
but yet again the same old problem with the queues to get in..... :(

We always camp on site now.
You can have a right good lie in, and still beat the crowds!

We saw quite a few earlybays there.

Here's a couple more pics for anyone interested;
DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

You spotted a few I missed there, couldn't be bothered with the hot trek up the hill in the carpark :oops:

I went too and see that both Speedman and Jabbo have snapped my 71 danbury, the baby poo and white 2 tone, thanks
This was my first VW show and i really enjoyed it - I must have avoided the queues, got there 10ish and drove straight in - spent loads on goodies, lots to see in the show areas - the double crew cab with the 3 bow roof rack got my vote
P6030012.jpg

saw this intersting 'al fresco' pop top too
P6030025.jpg

:) :D

Speedman said:
You spotted a few I missed there, couldn't be bothered with the hot trek up the hill in the carpark :oops:

Got to admit, steep hills and boiling sun aren't exactly a winning combination! :lol:

Latest posts