Summit Thermal Blinds

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clean

Reaction score
Peeps,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place, but.....

Should we spend £70 on a set of Summit Thermal Blinds for our bus, or are they a waste of money? Can anyone recommend an alternative?

How do you keep your bus warm at night (nothing saucy, please)? :roll:

Thanks,

Richie Clean. :mrgreen:

I've notecard of them. Firstly most of your heat goes straight up because of the laws of physics, the heat will deviate if it's following an air passage such as heat escaping to an air vent. The heat will decide to go out your windows if you have blocked its natural passage (up) with insulation or anything. I've just put 25mm of celotex through my pop top and through my cab area and I'm just about to do the same in my rear roof area. Once that is completed then the benefits of window insulation will fully be felt. You will get some benefit but little by comparison. I've got an insulated cab cover from Rainbow along with a tailgate cover and an insulated cover that goes around my pop top fabric. Yes all three together make a bit of difference but when I did the roof it was really noticeable.
So the only bit I haven't done is the four window covers in the middle ish of the bus. My first and second attempts were thwarted but I seem to be getting somewhere now. I've been making them using a thermal 3mm board but the issue has been with heat and UV making these small boards bend. I've made the latest with magnets and connected vertical 80mm wide sections so you van have them as open as you like or as closed or partly closed as you like. The fabric of the blind / cover / curtain has been vinyl so we can reproduce any picture or colour or view as you would like both internally and externally. So the new ones will be up and running in the next month or so.
So no, I haven't used them, and I'm guessing there will be a small benefit but how small or how big is anyone's guess. But it has to be much better than nothing. Would there be a noticeable difference from regular thermal curtains / window covers from the regular large suppliers that stick up with suckers ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,and what's wrong with saucy then ? :mrgreen:

Hi,

I've come away with my wife and our 9 month old daughter, we're in France and it's quite warm (38 degrees yesterday!) so I bought the summit blinds to keep the heat out rather than in, also for the blackout factor as it doesn't get dark until after 10:30.

The quality isn't great to be honest, I looked for an alternative but couldn't find one, eventually ran out of time and bought the summit set. I must admit they do the the job however for the price (works out at £10 per panel!) they seem a little overpriced. The only thing that came close we're delilahs magna blinds which look good but were out of my budget.

If you can get a second hand set maybe go down that route?